Municipal Bond Activities
- Spotsylvania Co., Va., Sets $278M Bond Vote. Vadum, Matthew // Bond Buyer;8/19/2005, Vol. 353 Issue 32200, p4
Reports on the plan of the officials in Spotsylvania County, Virginia to put bond questions on the November 2005 ballot. Proposed funding for local transportation projects; County board of supervisors' approval of a resolution to place four separate tax-exempt general obligation bond questions...
- Oklahoma Prices Bonds For $1 Billion Highway Project. Albanese, Elizabeth // Bond Buyer;08/09/2000, Vol. 333 Issue 30950, p6
Reports that the Oklahoma Capital Improvement Authority will price revenue bonds to finance the second phase of a highway program approved by the state legislature in 1997. Amount of bonds to be issued by the state; Senior underwriter for the bonds.
- Colorado Readies $524M of Long-Term Notes for Roads, Rail. Albanese, Elizabeth // Bond Buyer;03/27/2001, Vol. 335 Issue 31105, p28
Reports on the Colorado Department of Transportation's plan to issue long-term transportation revenue anticipation notes in April 2001. Purpose of the bond issuance; Amount of bonds to be issued; Transportation bond deals in Colorado.
- Growing Clark County, Nev., to Forward Refund $120M of GOs. Kelemen, Jasmina // Bond Buyer;7/15/2005, Vol. 353 Issue 32175, p32
Reports on Clark County, Nevada's issuance of limited-tax general obligation bonds in a forward refunding in July 2005. Total amount of the limited-tax general obligation bonds; Master transportation plan of Clark County; Expected ratings of the deal.
- Gas Tax Debt on Hold. Saskal, Rich // Bond Buyer;7/15/2005, Vol. 353 Issue 32175, p33
Reports on the Washington Finance Committee to defer the issuance of transportation bonds if a measure that would repeal the gas tax increase qualifies for the November 2005 ballot.
- Texas Voters Approve Nearly $6B of Bands. Philyaw, Jason // Bond Buyer;5/15/2007, Vol. 360 Issue 32629, p1
The article reports on the approval of nearly $6 billion of bond packages for issuers across Texas. Voters in San Antonio, Texas have allow the authority to issue up to $550 million of general obligation debt, while the Northside Independent School District and Northeast Independent School...
- Washington Legislature OKs $31B Budget; No New Taxes or Bonds. Saskal, Rich // Bond Buyer;4/28/2009, Vol. 368 Issue 33105, p24
The article reports on the approval of the $31.4 billion two-year general fund budget by Washington lawmakers. It is stated that the budget will be used to back bonds that would finance the reconstruction of one Lake Washington bridge. Meanwhile, the legislators approved a $3.3 billion capital...
- Virginia Transportation Board Plans $156 Million Highway Bond Issue. Vadum, Matthew // Bond Buyer;
Reports on the plan of Virginia's Commonwealth Transportation Board to sell revenue bonds to finance the Route 58 Corridor Development program along the state's southern border and projects in the Northern Virginia Transportation District. Amount of bonds to be sold by the board; Securitization...
- Arkansas Agency Could Finally Sell Toll Road Bonds This Year. Albanese, Elizabeth // Bond Buyer;1/12/2007, Vol. 359 Issue 32546, p6
The article reports that a possible bond issue for a highway project in Arkansas could come later in 2007. State officials are struggling to identify new ideas to fund transportation needs. A bond team has been retained by the Arkansas Highway and Transportation Department to identify financing...