Clifford Gannett Likely to Be Named Director of TEB Office, Sources Say
- TEB Aims to Close 1,200 Exams. Schroeder, Peter // Bond Buyer;5/11/2010, Vol. 372 Issue 33314, p1
The article reports on the move of the Internal Revenue Service's tax exempt bond (TEB) office to close 1, 200 examinations before September 30, 2010 in Washington. It notes that TEB office head Clifford Gannett told bond lawyers that his group will inspect the responses from compliance check...
- IRS Taps Cono Namorato to Head OPR. Barnett, Susanna Duff // Bond Buyer;12/30/2003, Vol. 346 Issue 31790, p3
Reports on the appointment of Cono Namorato as director of the Internal Revenue Service's Office of Professional Responsibility in the U.S. Responsibility of Namorato; Reason for Namorato's appointment; Career profile of the appointed executive.
- IRS initiative to bring nonfilers back into the system. Voskuil, Richard C. // Tax Executive;Jul/Aug93, Vol. 45 Issue 4, p293
Reports on the Internal Revenue Service's implementation of a comprehensive nonfiler strategy. Problem of increasing number of nonfilers; Enforcement-related activities; Taxpayer Service as initial point of contact; Recommended activities for Tax Executive Institute, Inc.; More.
- IRS lists taxpayer assistance hours, phones. // Hudson Valley Business Journal;5/30/94 - 6/6/94, Vol. 6 Issue 3, p35
Reports on the US Internal Revenue Service (IRS) Albany, New York, District's continuation of the operation of its taxpayer assistance centers during the non-filing season. Contact information.
- Expanding Low-Income Clinic Grants. // Practical Accountant;Jun2000, Vol. 33 Issue 6, p20
Reports on the United States Internal Revenue Services' (IRS) awarding of low-income taxpayer clinic grants to expand its taxpayer legal assistance.
- Electronic filing of employer tax returns. // Practical Accountant;Mar96, Vol. 29 Issue 3, p48
Provides information on the address made by the Internal Revenue Service, stating that there is a requirement for a program that taxpayers or reporting agents may electronically file a number of forms. Requirements of Rev. Proc. 96-18.
- Gain Knowledge and Experience with VITA. TIDWELL, KEITH A. // Student Lawyer;Mar2012, Vol. 40 Issue 7, p35
The article cites the experience, knowledge and training that law students can gain with Volunteer Income Tax Assistance (VITA), a national program by the U.S. Internal Revenue Service (IRS) that offers free tax assistance to low- to moderate-income people who cannot prepare their own returns.
- IRS holds Problem Solving Day. // New York Amsterdam News;11/05/98, Vol. 89 Issue 45, p5
Reports that the US Internal Revenue Service will hold the Problem Solving Day on November 14, 1998 in Manhattan, New York, aimed at resolving long-standing or difficult tax problems.
- NEWS BRIEFS. // Graham Leader;1/27/2013, Vol. 137 Issue 47, p1A
The article reports the availability of the Tax Aide program in Graham, Texas that offers free aid to middle and low-income taxpayers for filing income tax returns, administered by the American Association for Retired Persons in cooperation with the Internal Revenue Service.