Early Bids Are In for Texas' Interstate 69 Project
- Battle over location of 1-69 rages on. // Indianapolis Business Journal;4/3/2006, Vol. 27 Issue 4, p49A
The article reports on the controversy over the construction of Interstate 69, which resulted to critics touting an alternative route through western Indiana.
- New study fans flames of I-69 controversy. Schoettle, Anthony // Indianapolis Business Journal;02/07/2000, Vol. 20 Issue 48, p9
Reports on the debate regarding the proposed extension of the Interstate 69 highway. Divergent views on what route the highway extension will pass through; Pros and cons of expanding the Interstate 69; Supporters and opponents of the proposed extension.
- Ground broken for final phase of '491 paving. SILVERSMITH, SHONDIIN // Navajo Times;8/21/2014, Vol. 53 Issue 34, pA-1
The article reports on the groundbreaking for the final phase of the pavement of U.S. Highway 491 connecting the Four Corners region and Interstate 40 on August 20, 2014 which was attended by the officials of Navajo Nation and New Mexico.
- TOP 10 ROADS. // Roads & Bridges;Nov2002, Vol. 40 Issue 11, p22
Reports on the completion and design of ten U.S. roads as of November 2002. Relocation of I-195 in Providence, Rhode Island for safety driving; Construction of U.S. Highway 93 to avoid traffic jams; Reconstruction and resurfacing of roads from Brooklyn-Queens Expressway to the Grand Central...
- TEXAS: Tollway to Open Early. Williamson, Richard // Bond Buyer;2/3/2009, Vol. 367 Issue 33054, p9
The article reports on the early opening of the 56-mile tollway around the eastern and southern metro area in Austin, Texas on April 2009. Though some of the highway is still under construction, state officials has projected the operation of Texas 45 Southeast tollway in April with all of the...
- LONG-AWAITED ROAD TO BE BUILT. // ENR: Engineering News-Record;07/26/99, Vol. 243 Issue 4, p19
Announces the construction of an expressway to connect Virginia's Hampton Roads with North Carolina's Outer Banks. Source of funds for the project; Assignment of contracts; Utilization of the Public-Private Transportation Act in hiring a private developer to design, build and finance the project.
- Mildly agnostic about finishing I-69. FARGO, Anthony L. // Indianapolis Business Journal;12/17/2012, Vol. 33 Issue 43, p10B
The article presents the author's perspectives on the obligation of Indiana Department of Transportation (INDOT) to complete Segment 5 of Interstate 69 to Morgan County in 2012. He mentions that traffic will double on State Road 36 when Section 4 is finished in southern Monroe County. He states...
- U.S. DOT Designates 1-69 as One Of Five 'Corridors of the Future'. Williamson, Richard // Bond Buyer;9/14/2007, Vol. 361 Issue 32713, p3
The article reports on the designation of Interstate 69 as one of the five "Corridors of the Future" by the U.S. Department of Transportation. Interstate 69 is a proposed toll project to take commercial traffic from the border of Mexico to Michigan. U.S. President George W. Bush's administration...
- Letting It Ride on Indiana's Technology Belt. Kurtz, Jennifer A. // Indiana Business Review;Spring2004, Vol. 79 Issue 1, p1
Provides information on the transformation of the high-speed Interstate 69 thoroughfare in Indiana into an elongated technology belt. Implication of the technology belt for the Indianapolis metro area; Factors from which the state and its people will benefit; Regional overview of the state.