Judge Bars Illinois Motorcycle Fund Transfer, Allows Others
- BICYCLE ADVOCATES SUCCESSFULLY DEFEND RECREATIONAL TRAILS PROGRAM. // IMBA Trail News;Spring2012, Vol. 25 Issue 1, p4
The article discusses the role of bicycle advocates in protecting the Recreational Trails Program (RTP) from looming budgets cuts.
- Press gang. // Lawyer;11/22/2004, Vol. 18 Issue 45, p17
Looks into government spending on items such as lawyers' fees in Great Britain.
- Cut, Cut, Hike. Shields, Yvette // Bond Buyer;10/23/2002, Vol. 342 Issue 31497, p31
Cites the report of a former state officials concerning the need to cut the increase in tax and spending in order to bring Wisconsin's next two-year budget into balance.
- Manila Budget Passes, But Outlook Poor. // Emerging Markets Monitor;12/9/2002, Vol. 8 Issue 33, p8
Reports on the approval of the Philippines' House of Representatives of the 2003 budget as of December 4, 2002. Budget cuts made; Revision in the planned 2003 deficit; Trading of the US$ Global '25 bond.
- Budget Games and Effort: Differences Between the United States and Latin America. Collins, Frank; Almer, Elizabeth Dreike // Journal of International Accounting, Auditing & Taxation;1999 Index, Vol. 8 Issue 2, p241
While much work has been conducted on different behavioral factors affecting the budgetary process in the U.S., little effort has been made to examine how the budget process may differ in Latin America. The current study gathers data from U.S. and Latin American respondents to examine the...
- State budget plan: good, bad and ugly. Hinz, Greg // Crain's Chicago Business;5/6/2002, Vol. 25 Issue 18, p4
Reports the reductions on the state budget plan in Illinois. Outcome from the decline in state general funds revenue; Disadvantage of growing public expenditure and operating costs; Comparison to the financial trouble of the state treasury on a cash flow basis.
- GR Budget Calls For Job Cuts. Emrich, Anne Bond // Grand Rapids Business Journal;5/5/2003, Vol. 21 Issue 18, p7
Reports on the preliminary fiscal budget plan for 2004 presented to the city commissioners of Grand Rapids, Michigan. Percentage decrease of the city's operations spending; Possible job cuts that will be brought by the proposed budget; Information on the allocation of the budget.
- Budgets the same, but so different. Harrell, Jeremy // Long Island Business News (7/1993 to 5/2009);9/23/2005, Vol. 52 Issue 40, p10A
Reports on the disclosure of budget for public expenditures by Nassau County Executive Tom Suozzi and Suffolk County Executive Steve Levy. Discussion of the industrial development projects in both counties; Similarities and differences of budget for public expenses; Figures representing the...
- Seven Lean Years. Harriman, E. Roland // Vital Speeches of the Day;9/15/37, Vol. 3 Issue 23, p733
Presents the text of a speech given by E. Roland Harriman, chairman of the National Economy League, on August 23, 1937, which deals with the budget deficits resulting from federal spending in the U.S.