Illinois Finance Authority Gives Approval to Several Hospital, Higher Ed Deals
- Report: Emergency Measures Needed to End Crisis in
College Opportunity. // Black Issues in Higher Education;2/26/2004, Vol. 21 Issue 1, p18
Reports on the recommendations from the report "Responding to the Crisis in College Opportunity," released by the U.S. National Center for Public Policy and Higher Education in February 2004. Highest priority for state higher education budgets in 2004; Non-inclusion of higher education in...
- SHORT COURSES. // Connection (0895-6405);Winter2003, Vol. 17 Issue 4, p7
Presents updates on issues and activities of the New England Board of Higher Education, as of Winter 2003. Information on the 'Science, Technology, Engineering and Mathematics Academic Support Network' meeting; Benefits of the 'Changing Lives Through Literature' program for U.S. offenders;...
- THE COMMITTEE ON GOVERNANCE CORNER. Dyrstad, Joanell // Trustee;Sep2007, Vol. 60 Issue 8, p4
The author discusses the My Care Counts online campaign led by the American Health Association (AHA) in 2007. He suggests that it is necessary to dissuade the U.S. Congress from implementing budget cuts for hospital services for the benefit of the entire community. The Call to Action petition is...
- A policy of drift. // Nature;12/14/2007, Vol. 450 Issue 7173, p1127
The article reflects on the issue concerning the plan of the Science and Technology Facilities Council (STFC) in Great Britain to implement the budget for 2008-2011. The author asserts that after the comprehensive review has been published by the British government, it became apparent that STFC...
- Hospital haves versus have-nots. Benson, Barbara // Crain's New York Business;6/03/96, Vol. 12 Issue 23, p1
Reports on the effects of the formation of two factions over the issue of subsidies to financially troubled hospitals in New York. Formation of the Hospitals for Fair Funding; Opposition to the organization; Division in hospital ranks; Member organization of the Hospitals for Fair Funding.
- Region's hospitals cut costs through group buying power. // Westchester County Business Journal;2/26/96, Vol. 35 Issue 9, p17
Focuses on cost-cutting measures adopted by hospitals affiliated with the Northern Metropolitan Hospital Association in the state of New York. Use of purchasing services by Shared Services Corp.; Negotiations made by Shared Services on behalf of the association; Program areas comprising...
- College grants decline as costs rise. // Curriculum Review;Jan1999, Vol. 38 Issue 5, p3
Provides information on a study conducted by the Institute for Higher Education Policy and the Education Resources Institute on college education grants in the United States. Average Pell grant in 1979; Factor contributing to the decline in college grants.
- Scots HE 'must foot Â£700m repairs bill'. Scott, David // Public Finance;9/14/2007, p11
The article reports that over half of higher education buildings in Scotland are in poor condition and require Â£700 million for repair, according to public sector watchdog Audit Scotland. Audit Scotland says that there should be a sustained commitment to maintain and develop the estate, which...
- Grass-roots go-getters. // AHA News;07/19/99, Vol. 35 Issue 28, p6
Features the impact of the 1997 Balanced Budget Act (BBA) on Oklahoma regional hospitals. Comments from David Robertson, chief executive officer of the Duncan Regional Hospital; Details on the report made by the Oklahoma Hospital Association.