Cook County Turns to Budget Matters; Stroger's Future Uncertain
- Deficit reduction efforts. // Congressional Digest;Mar1997, Vol. 76 Issue 3, p70
Analyzes the need to reduce the deficit in the budget of the United States. Reasons why the budget deficit must be reduced; Changes in budget procedures; Steps in the budget process for fiscal year 1998.
- Budget! Budget! Das, A. K. // Chemical Business;Feb2002, Vol. 16 Issue 2, p9
Provides information on the budget planning of India. Definition of a budget; Public perception on the budget; Percentage of budget deficit agreed at the Maastricht Treaty by the European Union countries.
- Cook County, Ill.'s Estimated Budget Gap Nearly Doubles for '06. Carvlin, Elizabeth // Bond Buyer;9/22/2005, Vol. 353 Issue 32223, p7
Reports on the announcement of Cook County, Illinois Board President John H. Stroger Jr., that the county is facing a budget gap for the fiscal year 2006. Projection that expected revenue in 2006 will be lower than 2005 collections; Expectation of the county that its Medicaid reimbursement...
- Schwarzenegger to Release Budget With $1.7B of Deficit Bonds. Sakal, Rich // Bond Buyer;1/10/2005, Vol. 351 Issue 32046, p40
The article reports that California Governor Arnold Schwarzenegger will release a fiscal 2006 budget proposal that calls for issuance of about US$1.7 billion in deficit bonds. While Schwarzenegger proposed several reforms in the state budget process, they are not reflected in the budget. A US$8...
- Boating Safety Budget Cuts: are the savings wort the risk? Miller, Dale // Pacific Yachting;Jul2012, Vol. 54 Issue 7, p4
The article focuses on the proposed budget cuts in boating safety in British Columbia. The author mentions that the federal government has come up with its budget on March 2012, which calls for every department to cut five percent to ten percent from annual budgets, prompting the Department of...
- Characteristics of the Budget Process during the Economic Crisis. POP, Mugurel G. S. // Knowledge Horizons / Orizonturi ale Cunoasterii;2013, Vol. 5 Issue 3, p127
The author proposes, through this study, a brief analysis of the steps taken in the budgetary and fiscal policies implemented in our country from 1990 to present. During the study, the focus is on the composition and the implementation of the refinements brought into the budgetary process,...
- Here Come More Taxes. Taber, George M. // njbiz;11/18/2002, Vol. 15 Issue 47, p30
Focuses on issues associated with the budget process in New Jersey. Projected state budget deficit by 2003; Views of New Jersey Governor James E. McGreevey on the projected increase in business taxes in the state.
- Cook County Offers $2.9 Billion Bond-Free Budget Plan. Carvlin, Elizabeth // Bond Buyer;10/31/2002, Vol. 342 Issue 31503, p3
Reports that Cook County, Illinois, Board President John Stroger unveiled a proposed 2.9 billion dollar budget that includes several million dollars in additional spending in 2003 as of October 30, 2002. Arrangement through which the increase in spending would be offset; Percentage increase...
- Proposed budget for cook county relies on illegal sales tax. Williamson, Tammy // Bond Buyer;10/30/98, Vol. 326 Issue 30511, p1
Reports on the fiscal 1999 budget presented by Cook County, Illinois board president John Stroger Jr. Budget to increase revenue from a sales tax that has been declared illegal; Stroger's showing of the area's improved health; County's spending plan.