Prices Sink; Traders Say It's 'Hard to Find Buyers'
- Forecasts and U.S. Monetary Policy, 1974-78: The Role of Openness. KARAMOUZIS, NICHOLAS; LOMBRA, RAYMOND E. // Journal of Money, Credit & Banking (Ohio State University Press);Aug88 Part 1, Vol. 20 Issue 3, p402
This article presents information on the evaluation of financial and non-financial forecast errors by the U.S. Federal Open Market Committee (FOMC). The members of the FOMC were required to make short-term forecasts of one month that are here evaluated, particularly the projections for nominal...
- FOMC June Minutes: Hikes to Continue. Ackerman, Andrew // Bond Buyer;7/22/2005, Vol. 353 Issue 32180, p2
Reports on the decision of the United States Federal Open Market Committee (FOMC) to retain the year-and-a-half long commitment to forward-looking language on increases in interest rates despite the threat of higher inflation. Reasons behind the decision of the FOMC.
- Fed Bond-Purchase Program Unchanged. // American Banker;6/25/2009, Vol. 174 Issue 121, p16
This article reports that the bond-purchase program of the U.S. Federal Reserve Board will not be expanding. Many were concerned that expansion would cause inflation, but the Federal Open Market Committee believes that inflation will remain subdued for some time. The Federal Reserve Board has...
- Inflation vs. the cost of living. Brown, Scott J. // ABA Banking Journal;Oct2005, Vol. 97 Issue 10, p84
Examines the difference between inflation measures and the cost of living. Policy statements of the U.S. Federal Open Market Committee about core inflation; Major drawbacks to the Consumer Price Index (CPI); Coverage of the CPI.
- Inflation and prices. // Economic Trends (07482922);Apr97, p8
Studies the correlation between inflation and prices in the United States. Monetary restraint by the US Federal Reserve System Federal Open Market Committee; Inflation indicators showing no sign of moving away from the three percent trend.
- Inflation and Prices. // Economic Trends (07482922);Oct98, p7
Focuses on the measure of inflation and prices in the United States as of October 1998. Federal Open Market Committee's central tendency range in 1998; Consumer price index; Producer price index; Commodity futures prices; Blue Chip Survey forecast in September 1998.
- Inflation Swaps. Haubrich, Joseph G.; Lindner, John // Economic Trends (07482922);Dec2010, p10
The article offers information on inflation swap and how it affects the active market in terms of high frequency pricing. It states the impact of the Federal Open Market Committee (FOMC) meetings on inflation expectations. Moreover, several line charts which show the five-year expected inflation...
- A Subtle Shift in FOMC Policy. // Economic Trends (07482922);Aug2011, p5
The article discusses the shift of the U.S. Federal Open Market Committee (FOMC) to an explicit numerical inflation-targeting policy. It mentions that the members of FOMC has been considering the inflation policy as an official policy goal as it could help in keeping long-term inflation well...
- Guarding Against Inflation. Jusko, Jill // Industry Week/IW;Aug2004, Vol. 253 Issue 8, p16
Reports on the concern of the U.S. Federal Open Market Committee about the possible onset of inflation in the country as of August 1, 2004. Effect of the rise in consumer prices on speculations regarding inflation; Increase in the target for the federal funds rate; Statement from the committee...