- City annexes land, plans for future. Hull, Tim // Inside Tucson Business;12/18/2000, Vol. 10 Issue 39, p1
Reports on the Arizona State Land Selection Committee's vote allowing the annexation by Tucson of state trust land south of the city proper. Importance of the development on the long-term civic planning; Development potential of the area.
- Justices' split reinstates ruling. Hoskins, Michael W. // Indiana Lawyer;2/16/2011, Vol. 21 Issue 25, p4
The article reports on the reinstatement ruling of the lower appellate on the split decision of the Indiana Supreme Court regarding the annexation battle between the City of Greenwood and the town of Bargersville where the city won in the 29-month legal battle.
- Council okays annexation. // Lakelander (Whitney, TX);12/12/2007, Vol. 21 Issue 50, p1
The article reports on the approval of the annexation of about 20 lots into the city limits by the Whitney City Council in Texas.
- Highland City wrapping up annexation of over 380 acres. // Enterprise/Salt Lake City;05/15/2000, Vol. 29 Issue 46, p24
Reports that Highland City, Utah is completing the annexation of over 380 acres in different parcels. Features and areas of the Jonsson annexation, Alpine Valley annexation, Granite A annexation, Granite B annexation and Goff Property annexation.
- Airway Heights eyes annexation. Cole, David // Journal of Business (10756124);9/25/2008, Vol. 23 Issue 20, pA1
The article reports on the plan of the city of Airway Heights to consider annexing a one-square-mile area along its eastern border which is part of a broader West Plains area the city of Spokane also covets in Washington. According to Airway Heights Mayor Matthew Pederson, property owners within...
- VIEWPOINT. Carson, Richard // Planning;Aug2000, Vol. 66 Issue 8, p54
Comments on the expansion of cities in the United States. Comparison of smart growth and new urbanism doctrine; Information on Daniel Kemmis' theory of a city's optimum size; Basic tenet of planning.
- City says annexation plan needed for future. Zwilling, James // Inside Tucson Business;3/8/2004, Vol. 13 Issue 36, p1
Examines the overall planning for the future of Tucson, Arizona. Issues in the "Five Trends Tucson?" report; Annexation of unincorporated areas such as those in Pima County; Benefits of annexation; Redeeming the value of aging Tucson neighborhoods; City's low-wage stigma; Balancing the...
- A call to action. Zwilling, James // Inside Tucson Business;4/5/2004, Vol. 13 Issue 40, p1
Examines issues regarding annexation and overall planning for the city of Tucson, Arizona. Continuation of the growth of the unmet capital needs of the city; Impact of the financial situation of the city on the ability of the next general obligation bond issue in 2005 to raise money; Call for...
- A TALE OF TWO CITIES: AN EXPLORATORY STUDY OF CONSOLIDATION AND ANNEXATION POLICIES IN THE CITIES OF MEMPHIS AND NASHVILLE. RAYMOND, ERIC S.; MENIFIELD, CHARLES E. // Public Administration Quarterly;Fall2011, Vol. 35 Issue 3, p403
America's metropolitan areas have dramatically changed in the past half-century due to the out-migration of residents to the suburbs. In an effort to deal with the effects of suburbanization, supporters of New Regionalism have identified several local-government measures which, it is argued, may...