Topinka vs. Tollway Leases
- Topinka slashes linked deposits. // Crain's Chicago Business;2/20/95, Vol. 18 Issue 8, p38
Reports on the plan of Illinois State Treasurer Judy Baar Topinka has plans to slash the $700 million in below-market-interest-rate deposits funneled to financial institutions that lend to projects deemed to be in the public interest.
- Topinka Wants Chicago Casino. Carvlin, Elizabeth // Bond Buyer;8/30/2006, Vol. 357 Issue 32456, p35
The article focuses on the four-year revenue plan of Judy Baar Topinka, state treasurer of Illinois. Under her plan the new private casino to be constructed and other existing casinos, licensing changes for riverboat gambling and related revenue would bring an estimated $5 billion over the four...
- ILLINIOS: Topinka Named to RTA. Shields, Yvette // Bond Buyer;12/27/2006, Vol. 358 Issue 32536, p27
The article reports on the appointment of outgoing Illinois Treasurer and gubernatorial challenger Judy Baar Topinka in the Regional Transportation Authority (RTA) board. Topinka was selected by the Cook County commissioners because of her financial experience. RTA plans to build public and...
- Illinois Comptroller Topinka Dead of Stroke at 70. Shields, Yvette // Americanbanker.com;12/10/2014, p1
Illinois Comptroller Judy Baar Topinka, admired across party lines for her blunt nature and down-to-earth style, died early Wednesday after suffering a stroke. She was 70.
- ILLINOIS: Topinka Slams $4B Plan. Shields, Yvette // Bond Buyer;12/5/2012, Vol. 382 Issue 33824, p7
The article informs that Illinois Comptroller Judy Baar Topinka has knocked a legislative proposal to borrow 4 billion U.S. dollars for paying the state's mammoth bill backlog and also warned that the state couldn't afford the new debt.
- State investment pool targeted by Topinka. Strahler, Steven R. // Crain's Chicago Business;9/26/94, Vol. 17 Issue 39, p7
Focuses on Illinois Senator Judy Baar Topinka's charges that state treasurer Patrick Quinn's underlings mismanaged the Illinois Public Treasurers' Investment Pool (IPTIP). Topinka's comparative analysis of similar funds of other states; Topinka as Republican nominee for treasurer; Defense of...
- How Michigan firm banks state's bucks. Healy, Beth // Crain's Chicago Business;3/4/96, Vol. 19 Issue 10, p1
Reports that First of America in Illinois is emerging as the state government's lead bank. Competitors' awareness of the bank's political influence; Bank's key political players in the state; Bank as the largest contributor to the campaign fund of state Treasurer Judy Baar Topinka.
- Topinka's next task: rebuild GOP. Hinz, Greg // Crain's Chicago Business;11/25/2002, Vol. 25 Issue 47, p4
Reports on the efforts undertaken by Illinois treasurer Judy Baar Topinka to rebuild the Republican Party. Brief description of Topinka's traits; Strategy followed by Topinka to influence voters; Political acceptance of Topinka; Maintenance of relations with top Democrats.
- State to draw investment road map. Barr, Paul G. // Pensions & Investments;9/29/1997, Vol. 25 Issue 20, p10
States that Illinois Treasurer Judy Baar Topinka plans to implement guidelines for state and local governmental entities with investment authority. Efforts of Topinka to prevent investment losses; Comment from Topinka, on the investment practices taking place in funds across Illinois; Schedule...