N.Y. Bond Bank Offers Options To Buffalo Over Troubled Liens
- Connecticut firm looks to direct tax-lien servicing for local governments. Sherman, Lynn // Bond Buyer;01/06/2000, Vol. 331 Issue 30802, p25
Deals with the plan of Connecticut-based JER Revenue Services to enter smaller municipalities to offer its direct tax-lien securitization services to local governments in the United States. Securitization structure and its relation to delinquent liens; Development of critical mass in the...
- Governments avoid securitizations, despite projected growth potential. Resnick, Amy B. // Bond Buyer;07/28/98, Vol. 325 Issue 30444, p1
Reports that only the largest governments in the United States are attempting to sell tax liens to private investors despite early predictions of the securitization's growth potential. Estimated amount of municipal tax liens sold by municipalities every year; Limited number of governments with...
- Supreme court won't hear case fighting California Mello-Roos tax lien law. Marois, Michael B. // Bond Buyer;11/16/98, Vol. 326 Issue 30521, p37
Reports that the United States Supreme Court has refused to hear a challenge to a California law that makes a lien to collect taxes needed to repay Mello-Roos bonds superior to other types of liens. Origins of the case; Challenge to a foreclosure carried out by the city of Oxnard; Uses of...
- Failure of Lien Law in Michigan Would Hurt Credits, Fitch Says. Shields, Yvette // Bond Buyer;10/22/2015, Vol. 1 Issue 34398, p1
Local credits in Michigan will be hurt if a proposal to give their unlimited tax general obligation bonds a statutory first lien falls through, Fitch Ratings said in a special report.
- SOUTHWEST Bond-Watch. Albanese, Elizabeth // Bond Buyer;11/21/2000, Vol. 334 Issue 31022, p27
Presents new briefs pertaining to municipal bonds and public finance in the Southwestern States as of November 21, 2000. Pulaski County Special School District's request for a property tax increase; Bennington farmers and ranchers' opposition against the passage of a school bond issue.
- Texas' First Sale for '01: $58 Million for Harris County Complex. Albanese, Elizabeth // Bond Buyer;12/28/2000, Vol. 334 Issue 31046, p6
Reports on Texas' first debt sale for 2001. Harris County's plan to sell permanent improvement refunding bonds and certificates of obligation on January 8, 2001; Lead manager and co-senior manager for the negotiated deal.
- Maryland County to Sell $31.3M in GOs to Fund Construction, Renovations. Floyd, Daniel F. // Bond Buyer;12/28/2000, Vol. 334 Issue 31046, p6
Reports on Harford County, Maryland's plan to sell general obligation bonds on January 9, 2000. Amount of bonds to be sold by the county; Purpose of the bonds.
- Connecticut Gets Commission's OK to Sell $675 Million of Debt. Peacock, Wayne // Bond Buyer;01/29/2001, Vol. 335 Issue 31065, p3
Reports on the Connecticut State Bond Commission's approval of the sale of new debt, and requests by various state agencies for allocations from general obligation bond proceeds. Amount released by the commission; Cumulative value of the requests submitted by the Connecticut University System.
- NORTHEAST Bond-Watch. Vadum, Matthew; Higginbotham, Stacey; McKaig, Ryan // Bond Buyer;01/29/2001, Vol. 335 Issue 31065, p37
Presents news briefs pertaining to municipal bonds and public finance in the Northeastern States as of January 29, 2001. District of Columbia's 2000 comprehensive annual financial report; Rating assigned by Moody's Investors Service to Bangor, Maine's general obligation bonds and bond...