Munis Firm as Dealers Absorb Bid-Wanteds
- Munis Mixed in Data-Free Session. Scarchelli, Michael // Bond Buyer;9/13/2007, Vol. 361 Issue 32712, p2
The article reports on the market performance of municipal bonds in the U.S. A mix of firm and a bit of weak performance is seen in the market the Treasury market showed little movement. The yield on the benchmark 10-year Treasury note finished at 4.40 percent. The yield on the two-year note was...
- Municipals Ebb as Treasuries Fall; Jacksonville, Fla., Sells $211 Million. Monsarrat, Sean; Chesla, Nicholas // Bond Buyer;2/6/2003, Vol. 343 Issue 31568, p2
Reports on the performance of municipal bonds and treasury bills in the U.S. bond market as on February 5, 2003. New-issue sales of Jacksonville, Florida; Non-manufacturing index of the Institute for Supply Management; Bid for municipal bonds in the bond market.
- Municipal Bond Yields Fall One to Two Basis Points as Treasuries Rise. Chesla, Nicholas // Bond Buyer;3/10/2003, Vol. 343 Issue 31589, p2
Focuses on the performance of municipal bond yields and treasury bills in the U.S. bond market on March 7, 2003. Impact of war concerns on the performance of treasury bills; Views of economists on the labor market; Multi-million dollars in new cash received by municipal bond funds.
- MARKET STATISTICS. // Bond Buyer;8/28/2001, Vol. 337 Issue 31212, p37
Presents charts and graphs depicting bond market statistics in the United States as of 2001. Amount of estimated and actual negotiated bonds for the weekly schedule; Municipal bond indexes for the daily schedule; Bidding prices for the treasuring bills and notes.
- Municipal Yields Up to 10 Basis Points as Treasuries Tumble; Fla. Schools Price. Chesla, Nicholas; Johnson, Anastasija // Bond Buyer;7/22/2003, Vol. 345 Issue 31682, p2
Reports on developments in the U.S. bond market on July 21, 2003. Percentage increase in the yield of municipal bonds; Implications of an increase in the yield of cash bonds on treasury bills; Factors affecting the performance of long-dated municipal bonds.
- Futures Markets. // Bond Buyer;11/9/2001, Vol. 338 Issue 31262, p38
Forecasts the municipal bond index and treasury bonds market in the U.S. during the months of December 2001, March and June 2002 as of November 9, 2001. Estimation for the trading for the number of contracts; Number of contracts traded for municipal bonds on November 7, 2001; Open interest for...
- Municipals Finish Little Changed; Wisconsin, Virginia Deals Sell Well. Johnson, Anastasija // Bond Buyer;10/6/2004, Vol. 350 Issue 31984, p2
Reports on the condition of the municipal bond market in the U.S. Decline of the non-manufacturing index of the Institute for Supply Management; Bidders for the general obligation bond issue of Wisconsin; Stability of the pricing for the Treasury bills.
- Municipal Yields Fall 2-3 Basis Points; Focus Is on Upcoming Economic Data. Chesla, Nicholas; Johnson, Anastasija // Bond Buyer;8/19/2003, Vol. 345 Issue 31701, p2
Focuses on the decline in the basis points of municipal bond yields and on bond market in the U.S. Role of jobless claims in the improvements in labor market conditions; Demands for bonds from both retail and institutional investors; Performance of Treasury market.
- Munis Ease as Treasury Losses Bring Out Arbitrage Sellers. Johnson, Anastasija; Curran, Bill // Bond Buyer;1/20/2006, Vol. 355 Issue 32302, p2
The article reports on developments in the municipal bonds market in the U.S. Traders confirmed that municipal bond yields increased by one and three basis points. Large sellers prevailed in the market which discouraged buyers. The heavy selling was due to the supply and demand imbalances in the...