Sirefman to Helm EDC
- A full term of endearment? David, Greg // Crain's New York Business;2/18/2002, Vol. 18 Issue 7, p9
Features the Michael Bloomberg, a city mayor in New York, New York. Performance of Bloomberg as a neophyte mayor; Contribution of Bloomberg in business field; Plan of Bloomberg for a stadium project.
- Bloomberg Taps Carey for Capital Projects. McKaig, Ryan // Bond Buyer;1/16/2002, Vol. 339 Issue 31305, p31
Reports that New York City Mayor Michael Bloomberg has selected president of Economic Development Corp. Michael Carey for advice on capital projects. Duties entrusted to Carey; Comments of Bloomberg regarding Carey's capability for the post; Professional background of Carey.
- THE HILL Blogs. // Hill;6/22/2007, Vol. 14 Issue 76, p18
The author reflects on the issue about the candidacy of Michael Bloomberg in the U.S. He noted that Americans believed that some are considering Bloomberg for the presidency. He added that politics shows that a candidate needs 270 electoral state votes out of 538 states to be president. He...
- LATE BLOOMER. Swope, Christopher // Governing;Aug2004, Vol. 17 Issue 11, p22
Features New York City Mayor Michael Bloomberg. His political achievements; His professional background; Information on the computer terminal business of Bloomberg.
- A Touch Of New York In D.C. Greenblatt, Alan // National Journal;7/10/2010, p22
The article presents U.S. federal government officials who used to serve in the administration of Mayor Michael Bloomberg in New York City and who are now working for the administration of President Barack Obama. They include Shaun Donovan, Thomas Frieden and Jared Bernstein among several...
- The New Prohibitionists. Kanfer, Stefan // New Leader;Mar/Apr2010, Vol. 93 Issue 2, p13
The article focuses on New York Mayor Michael Bloomberg whom the author describes as a leader of the New Prohibitionists. It cites "New York Times" columnist Clyde Haberman who accused Bloomberg of attempting to reinvent Prohibition. It discusses the all sorts of proscriptions and warnings...
- Mayor nixes term limits change. // Crain's New York Business;8/26/2002, Vol. 18 Issue 34, p26
Reports the veto issued by New York City Mayor Michael Bloomberg to amend term limits in public office.
- Bloomberg Without Limits. GRAY, GEOFFREY // New York;9/15/2008, p18
The article considers whether New York City will eliminate mayoral term limits, allowing Mayor Michael Bloomberg to run again. The article describes the media attention on Bloomberg, and lists the political appointees such as Christine Quinn, Scott Stringer, and Bill Thompson who might gain from...
- Term limit twists an unsettling affair. Townsend, Alair // Crain's New York Business;10/13/2008, Vol. 24 Issue 41, p11
The article offers the author's comments on the proposed term limit extension initiated by New York City mayor Mike Bloomberg. According to her, instead of leaving the office hugely popular, the mayor is trying to bring the disgruntled people coalesce, boredom and dissatisfaction. She says that...