Council's Leftover Business
- Cropp Offers D.C. Ballpark Alternative. Vadam, Matthew // Bond Buyer;11/8/2004, Vol. 350 Issue 32006, p1
Reports on Washington, D.C., Council chairman Linda Cropp's issuance of an alternative ballpark financing plan days before the council was expected to debate on city Mayor Anthony Williams' borrowing proposal for a stadium and related community development projects. Concerns on whether Williams...
- D.C. Council Chair Delays Vote on Stadium Plan for 2 Weeks. Vadum, Matthew // Bond Buyer;11/10/2004, Vol. 350 Issue 32008, p7
Reports on the decision of District of Columbia Council Chairman Linda Cropp to pull Mayor Anthony Williams' borrowing proposal for a baseball stadium and related community development projects out of the legislative line-up for the council's meeting on November 9, 2004. Cropp's unveiling of her...
- Ballot measures fly in the face of progressive values. Marquez, Carlos // Gay & Lesbian Times;5/14/2009, Issue 1116, p26
The author reflects on the smaller number of public support for the Propositions 1A-1F during the Special Election on May 2009 in California.
- Tennessee Merging Bond and Local Finance Units, With Collier as Head. Sigo, Shelly // Bond Buyer;3/30/2010, Vol. 371 Issue 33290, p3
The article reports on the merger of Tennessee's Division of Local Finance and the Division of Bond Finance on April 1, 2010.
- Helping hand in the hot seat. Green, Anna // Public Finance;1/10/2003, p19
Comments on the paper released by the British Chartered Institute of Public Finance and Accountancy entitled '1999 Statement on the Role of the Finance Director in Local Government.' Reassessment of the duties and responsibilities of finance directors; Role of the directors in local government...
- Trying to plan while anticipating the financial worst. Lockhart, Lee // Business Journal Serving Fresno & the Central San Joaquin Valley;2/14/2003, Issue 323047, p28
Comments on the decision by Fresno, California Mayor Alan Auty to make some budget adjustments in light of the California Legislature's budget adjustments. Benefits of financial prudence and planning; Reduction in the level of services due to the reduction in revenues.
- Budget includes fee increases, no new hires. Wood, Gigi // Corridor Business Journal;1/2/2012, Vol. 8 Issue 24, p9
The article reports that the budget proposal for the fiscal year starting on July 1, 2012 in Iowa City, Iowa will include free increase, reduction in five city positions, and reduced property taxes.
- MONEY TO BURN. McLaughlin, Kathleen // Indianapolis Business Journal;4/8/2013, Vol. 34 Issue 6, p1
The article examines how the Indianapolis Center Township is allegedly hoarding cash. According to the author, township spending on direct aid or poor relief has fluctuated from 2.6 million U.S. dollars in 2008 to 1.15 million U.S. dollars in 2010. The author notes that the township spent 12.7...
- Wisconsin counties tell state: You want it, you pay for it. // Fedgazette;Dec90, Vol. 2 Issue 4, p4
Reports that Wisconsin voters have agreed to the amendment of the Wisconsin Constitution to require the state to provide full funding for state-mandated programs instead of requiring local governments to finance them. State-mandated programs implemented and partially funded by local...