Mineta, Perry Tout Texas' Initiative, Innovation in Transportation
- Mineta Stands Firm. Keane, Angela Greiling // Traffic World;7/17/2006, Vol. 270 Issue 29, p13
The article reports on the support of former U.S. Department of Transportation (DOT) secretary Norman Mineta for the administration of President George W. Bush's tight cap on spending in the 2005 highway bill and for Maria Cino as his successor. The bill allows for $286.5 billion in spending...
- DOT's Mineta Has an Agenda, But Now Comes the Hard Part. Sanchez, Humberto // Bond Buyer;01/29/2001, Vol. 335 Issue 31065, p7
Highlights United States Department of Transportation head Norman Mineta's agenda under the Bush administration. Mineta's plan to alleviate the pervasive congestion slowing the flow of goods and commuters throughout the country; Proposal to modernize the air traffic control system; Profile of...
- DOT's Mineta promises close look at driver distractions. Silva, Jeffrey // RCR Wireless News;1/29/2001, Vol. 20 Issue 5, p6
Focuses on transportation issues identified by United States Department of Transportation head Norman Mineta as his main priorities for 2001.
- Beyond Mineta. // Traffic World;7/17/2006, Vol. 270 Issue 29, p4
The author reflects on the retirement of Norman Y. Mineta as secretary of the U.S. Department of Transportation. Mineta has been applauded with his optimism to address the needs of the logistics and transport sector. The author considers Mineta to be an asset in the transportation world. He also...
- Runways are urgently needed... Rimmer, David // Business & Commercial Aviation;Mar2001, Vol. 88 Issue 3, p23
Informs on the highlights of the first major policy address by United States Transportation Secretary Norman Mineta during an 'Aviation Summit' at the U.S. Chamber of Commerce.
- Phoenix LRT gets half-billion in federal funding. // Railway Age;Feb2005, Vol. 206 Issue 2, p15
Reports that U.S. Department of Transportation Secretary Norman Y. Mineta has announced a funding agreement for the construction of a light rail system serving Metropolitan Phoenix, Arizona.
- A matter of trust. Keane, Angela Greiling // Journal of Commerce (1542-3867);2/13/2006, Vol. 7 Issue 7, p44
This article takes a look at the U.S. government's spending plan for transportation in the 2007 fiscal year. The total budget cut proposed for the Department of Transportation is noted. Transportation Secretary Norman Mineta's reaction to the proposed budget cut is considered. The other agencies...
- DOT Says General Aviation Exempt From FAA User Fees. // Regional Aviation News;3/20/2006, Vol. 24 Issue 12, p1
Reports on the decision of the U.S. Department of Transportation (DOT) in 2006 to exempt general aviation from user fees. Statement issued by DOT Secretary Norman Mineta regarding the ruling; Position of the General Aviation Manufacturers Association on the issue; System of funding for most...
- SAFETEA's Frankel Leaves DOT. // Traffic World;1/31/2005, Vol. 269 Issue 5, p13
This article reports that although Norman Y. Mineta is staying at the helm of the Department of Transportation (DOT) for U.S. President George W. Bush's second term, his deputies are rushing for the door, raising concern about a potential policy and leadership vacuum at DOT. The latest to resign...