The Hard Road to Tomorrow's Transportation Infrastructure
- N.Y. MTA to Sell Up to $650 Million in Three Deals by Year's End. Cataldo, Adam L. // Bond Buyer;9/28/2005, Vol. 353 Issue 32227, p3
No abstract available.
- Transportation act would be a wreck. // Crain's New York Business;10/16/2000, Vol. 16 Issue 42, p8
Urges the citizens of New York State to reject the proposed multi-billion dollar transportation bond act in the vote to be held on November 7, 2000. State officials' offering of a list of possible projects; Absence of concrete list of projects to be financed; Impact of the bond act on future...
- Highway bonds: An emerging option for increasing highway financing. Howard, Tom // Public Roads;Spring95, Vol. 58 Issue 4, p12
Discusses highway bonds as an emerging option for increasing highway financing. Basic concepts in highway bonds; Trends in highway bond financing; Federal legislation; Recent proposed legislation and developments.
- Transportation. Sanders, Lisa // Bond Buyer;02/09/98, Vol. 323 Issue 30327, p24A
Cites an upsurge in transportation bond volume in 1997 due to favorable interest rates in the United States. Quarterly transportation bond sales; Leading issuers and largest deals; Estimated number of transportation bond issues; Total amount issued.
- Pennsylvania to Avoid New Bonds for Transportation. Higginbotham, Stacey // Bond Buyer;08/14/2000, Vol. 333 Issue 30953, p4
Reports that Pennsylvania will forego bond financing for planned transportation projects. Use of state, local and federal funds; Allocations under the plan.
- Roads Paved With Garvees. Walker, Patrick M. // Bond Buyer;7/5/2001, Vol. 337 Issue 31174, p1
Reports on the plan of Oklahoma transportation officials to issue bonds to cover its shortfall. Five-year, pay-as-you-go capital program; Increase of the state's grant anticipation revenue vehicle program.
- New Jerseyans to vote on $500 million transport bond. Hoffman, David // Bond Buyer;11/01/99, Vol. 330 Issue 30759, p42
Reports on the bond referendum in New Jersey that is intended to provide temporary funding for the state's transportation needs. Funding needed by the Transportation Trust Fund; Uses of the revenues from the bond sale.
- Project Financing Is No Longer an Unfathomable Topic, Panelists Say. Ryst, Sonja // Bond Buyer;06/21/2000, Vol. 332 Issue 30917, p6
States that innovative financing techniques have become increasingly accepted ways to raise funds for transportation projects, according to panelists at the Bond Buyer Transportation Finance Conference, held June 20, 2000. Importance for transportation officials to understand the need to keep...
- Experts: Strong Public Backing Needed in Multi-Jurisdictional Projects. Fine, Jacob // Bond Buyer;06/21/2000, Vol. 332 Issue 30917, p30
States that transportation projects need public support in order to succeed, according to panelists at the Bond Buyer Transportation Finance Conference, held June 20, 2000. Overview on common obstacles faced by transportation projects; Importance of a consensus when project backers are seeking...