Moody's Raises Northern California Power Agency Debt
- LIPA Outlook To Positive: Moody's. // Bond Buyer;7/26/2004, Vol. 349 Issue 31933, p2
Reports on the credit rating of Baa1 assigned by Moody's Investor Service to the general revenue bonds of the Long Island Power Authority (LIPA). Purpose of the offering plan; Reasons for the positive credit outlook; Expectation of Moody's from the operations of LIPA.
- TENNESSEE: Memphis Electric Upgrade. DeSue, Tedra // Bond Buyer;12/20/2007, Vol. 362 Issue 32778, p9
The article reports on the upgrade of $1.2 billion revenue bonds of Memphis Electric System by Moody's Investors Service Inc. (MIS) in Tennessee. MIS raises the Series 2003 A and B revenue bonds from Aa3 to Aa2. It also affirms the stable outlook. The rating upgrade is attributed to major credit...
- Bond Quality Rating Changes for Electric Utilities: A Multivariate Analysis. Bhandari, Shyam; Soldofsky, Robert M.; Boe, Warren J. // Financial Management (1972);Spring79, Vol. 8 Issue 1, p74
This article investigates whether or not a multivariate discriminant model that incorporates the recent levels, past trends and instability of financial ratios can explain and predict the quality rating changes of electric utility bonds. Corporate bond ratings are considered important in the...
- Columbia, Mo.-Based Utility Commission Sets Debut Debt Sale. Shields, Yvette // Bond Buyer;5/5/2006, Vol. 356 Issue 32375, p38
The article reports on the launching of Missouri Joint Municipal Electric Utility Commission in the tax-exempt market in May 10, 2006 in Columbia, Missouri. The debut was inaugurated with a sale of power project revenue bonds. Fitch Ratings Inc. and Moody's Investors Service Inc. have given...
- Tacoma Power Affirmed. Saskal, Rich // Bond Buyer;5/14/2004, Vol. 348 Issue 31884, p33
Reports on the affirmation of the ratings given by Moody's Investors Service, Standard & Poor's, and Fitch Ratings for Tacoma's electric utility debt as the city prepares to sell electric system revenue bonds
- Lorain Co., Ohio, Raised by Moody's. // Bond Buyer;3/24/2004, Vol. 347 Issue 31848, p2
Reports that the Moody's Investors Service has assigned rating to Lorain County, Ohio of Series 2004 various-purpose improvement bonds.
- Petersburg, Va., On Moody's Watch. // Bond Buyer;3/24/2004, Vol. 347 Issue 31848, p2
Reports that Moody's Investors Service has assigned an A1 rating to Petersburg, Virginia's general obligation refunding bonds. Credit enhancement provided by the Virginia intercept program; Payment on general obligation debt.
- Anoka's Arena Bonds. Shields, Yvette // Bond Buyer;2/15/2006, Vol. 355 Issue 32320, p31
The article reports on the rating assigned by the Moody's Investors Service Inc. to Anoka County's sale of ice arena lease revenue bonds. An A2 rating is assigned to this revenue bond. The rating agency also gives an Aa3 rating to the country's general obligation debt. The revenue bonds are...
- Miami CRD Revs Raised to Baa1 by Moody's. // Bond Buyer;6/26/2006, Vol. 356 Issue 32410, p2
The article reports that Moody's Investors Service Inc. has upgraded the rating on the Miami Community Redevelopment District's revenue bonds to Baa1 from Baa3 in Miami, Florida.