Thrombotic Microangiopathy Associated With Malignant Hypertension
- Microangiopathic Hemolytic Anemia in Metastatic Carcinoma. Lohrmann, Hans-Peter; Adam, Wolfgang; Heymer, Berno // Annals of Internal Medicine;Sep73, Vol. 79 Issue 3, p368
Focuses on a study that observed eight patients with metastatic carcinoma and microangiopathic hemolytic anemia. Materials and methods; Results; Discussion.
- Oxaliplatin-induced acute renal failure presenting clinically as thrombotic microangiopathy: think of acute tubular necrosis. Phan, Nga Thuy; Heng, Anne Elisabeth; Lautrette, Alexandre; Kémény, Jean Louis; Souweine, Bertrand // NDT Plus;Jun2009, Vol. 2 Issue 3, p254
The article presents the case of a 65-year-old man with advanced colorectal cancer who developed oxaliplatin (OXP)-induced acute tubular necrosis (ATN), which mimicked thrombotic microangiopathy (TMA). He presented with intense lower back pain and oliguria with dark urine. He was subjected to a...
- Ticlopidine- and clopidogrel-associated thrombotic thrombocytopenic purpura (TTP): review of clinical, laboratory, epidemiological, and pharmacovigilance findings (1989â€“2008). Zakarija, Anaadriana; Kwaan, Hau C.; Moake, Joel L.; Bandarenko, Nicholas; Pandey, Dilip K.; McKoy, June M.; Yarnold, Paul R.; Raisch, Dennis W.; Winters, Jeffrey L.; Raife, Thomas J.; Cursio, John F.; Thanh Ha Luu; Richey, Elizabeth A.; Fisher, Matthew J.; Ortel, Thomas L.; Tallman, Martin S.; Zheng, X. Long; Matsumoto, Masanori; Fujimura, Yoshihiro; Bennett, Charles L. // Kidney International Supplement;Feb2009, Issue 112, pS20
Thrombotic thrombocytopenic purpura (TTP) is a fulminant disease characterized by platelet aggregates, thrombocytopenia, renal insufficiency, neurologic changes, and mechanical injury to erythrocytes. Most idiopathic cases of TTP are characterized by a deficiency of ADAMTS13 (a disintegrin and...
- Thrombotic microangiopathy associated with the hypereosinophilic syndrome. Liapis, Helen; Ho, Albert K.; Brown, Diane; Mindel, Graeme; Gleich, Gerald // Kidney International;May2005, Vol. 67 Issue 5, p1806
Background:Hypereosinophilic syndrome (HES), defined as persistent marked eosinophilia of unknown origin complicated by end organ damage, is thought to be due to activation of eosinophils and release of substances that are toxic to various cells and tissues. An association between...
- THROMBOTIC THROMBOCYTOPENIC PURPURA OCCURRING IN THE PUERPE RIUM. Eisenstadt, H. B. // American Journal of Gastroenterology;Nov1959, Vol. 32 Issue 5, p651
Presents an abstract of the study "Thrombotic Thrombocytopenic Purpura Occurring in the Puerperium," by Harold N. Harrison, published in the July 1958 issue of the "Archives of Internal Medicine."
- Gemcitabine. // Reactions Weekly;8/11/2007, Issue 1164, p14
The article describes three case reports of thrombotic microangiopathy. Three patients had developed thrombotic angiopathy during administration of gemcitabine. All patients were diagnosed as having anaemia, schistocytosis, thrombocytopenia, renal insufficiency and a decreased serum haptoglobin...
- Gingival Biopsy in Thrombotic Thrombocytopenic Purpura. Goodman, Anita; Ramos, Roche; Petrelli, Mary; Hirsch, Stanley A.; Bukowski, Ronald; Harris, John W. // Annals of Internal Medicine;Oct78, Vol. 89 Issue 4, p501
Assesses the effectiveness of gingival biopsy in clinical diagnosis of thrombotic thrombocytopenic purpura. Information on the patients; Methodology; Discussion of findings.
- Disseminated Malignancy Misdiagnosed as Thrombotic Thrombocytopenic Purpura: A Report of 10 Patients and a Systematic Review of Published Cases. Francis, Kristin K.; Kalyanam, Nalini; Terreli, Deirdra R.; Vesely, Sara K.; George, James N. // Oncologist;Jan2007, Vol. 12 Issue 1, p11
Background. Patients with disseminated malignancy who present with microangiopathic hemolytic anemia and thrombocytopenia may be misdiagnosed as thrombotic thrombocytopenic purpura (TTP), resulting in inappropriate plasma exchange treatment, a procedure with major risk, and delay of appropriate...
- A late revelation as to the cause of TPP. Sisselman, Stephen G. // Patient Care;Jan2006, Vol. 40 Issue 1, p68
The article presents a case report of thrombotic thrombocytopenic purpura (TPP) in a female patient with a history of asthma and depression. It presents the medical history of the patient. It explains the bases for characterizing the patient's condition as TPP. It discusses the relationship...