$1.4 billion in CAT Bonds Placed on Negative Watch
- East Coast Hurricane Could Cost $100 Billion. // Best's Review / Property-Casualty Insurance Edition;Mar1999, Vol. 99 Issue 11, p88
Focuses on the threat of a hurricane in the eastern United States. Possible effect of the hurricane; States which face severe losses; Impact of the hurricane to the insurance industry; How insurers can protect themselves from the possible damage.
- Florida Cat Fund Readies Its First Sale, $1.35B to Pay Off '05 Insurance Losses. Sigo, Shelly // Bond Buyer;6/13/2006, Vol. 356 Issue 32401, p4
The article reports on the plan of the Florida Hurricane Catastrophe Fund Finance Corp. to sell $1.35 billion of tax-exempt, fixed-rate revenue bonds in the first issuance of debt since the state-run reinsurance fund was created nearly 13 years ago. Proceeds of the Series 2006A bonds, along with...
- Florida Approves Rule Improving Hurricane Fund Liquidity. Sigo, Shelly // Bond Buyer;07/27/2000, Vol. 333 Issue 30941, p4
Reports on Florida's approval of a rule improving the liquidity of the Florida Hurricane Catastrophe Fund by allowing the fund to issue bonds in the same year a hurricane causes major damages in the state. Insurance industry's favorable reaction to the decision; Enhancements to the fund that...
- Capital Market Instruments for Financing Catastrophe Risk: New Directions? Lewis, Christopher M.; Davis, Peter O. // Journal of Insurance Regulation;Winter98, Vol. 17 Issue 2, p110
Traces the evolution of catastrophe structures as a way to transfer and/or finance catastrophe risk through the capital markets. Factors driving the market financing property casualty risk; Development of a capital market for catastrophe securities; Catastrophe bond structure.
- CAT bond growth turns focus to risk models. Quinn, Lawrence Richter // Private Placement Letter;01/04/99, Vol. 17 Issue 1, p1
Offers information on catastrophe bond models in the United States. Predictions on the model; Loss projections of the model; Details on other bond issues in the market.
- Cheap Reinsurance To Minimize CAT Bonds. Roper, Akil Salim // Private Placement Letter;03/01/99, Vol. 17 Issue 9, p2
Focuses on the condition of catastrophe bond industry in the United States. Status of reinsurance premiums; Prediction on the performance of reinsurance premiums in 1999; Details on the catastrophe bond market.
- Cat bond funk. Quinn, Lawrence Richter // Investment Dealers' Digest;06/07/99, Vol. 65 Issue 23, p16
Reports on measures taken to revive the catastrophe (CAT) bond market. Features of French reinsurer Sorema SA's CAT bond offering; Role and economics of CAT bonds; List of issuances between May 1996 and May 1999; Factors expected to drive up demand for the bonds; Discovery of other uses for CAT...
- Advance Disaster Relief. Buff, Joseph J. // Best's Review / Life-Health Insurance Edition;Feb99, Vol. 99 Issue 10, p58
Provides information on catastrophe bonds. Fundamental questions to consider with regards to the bonds; Information on the secondary market for the bonds; Two layers of a catastrophe bond.
- Catastrophe Bonds. // Practical Accountant;Sep2002, Vol. 35 Issue 9, p20
Focuses on catastrophe bonds, high-yield, insurance-backed bonds that contain a provision causing interest and or principal payments to be delayed or lost in the event of a loss due to a specified catastrophe. Volatility; Liquidity.