Parmalat May Face Investors in US Court
- Parmalat plan. // Dairy Industries International;Jun2004, Vol. 69 Issue 6, p7
Reports that troubled and insolvent dairy company Parmalat SpA has announced guidelines for a corporate restructuring plan. Process of paying the company's creditors; Submission of the plan to Italy's minister for industry.
- Citigroup Acts in Parmalat Case. Bloomberg News // American Banker;12/30/2004, Vol. 169 Issue 249, p19
Reports that Citigroup Inc. asked a U.S. court for permission to sue Parmalat Finanziaria SpA affiliates in Ecuador and Paraguay to recover almost $11 million. Details of the legal disputes between Parmalat and Citigroup; How Parmalat owes millions to Citigroup according to papers filed with the...
- Frequency, number of securities class action suits rises sharply. Casale, Jeff // Business Insurance;2/9/2009, Vol. 43 Issue 6, p4
The article reports on the findings of the 2008 securities class action report by Cornerstone Research and the Stanford Law School Securities Class Action Clearinghouse on the number of class action suits filed in the U.S. Cornerstone noted that the 103 of the 210 total securities class action...
- Parmalat advisers jostle for legal fees as wind-up hits snag. // Lawyer;2/9/2004, Vol. 18 Issue 5, p1
Reports on the reimbursement of legal fees for lawyers of the creditors of bankrupt Italian food group, Parmalat, following a failed attempt to reorganize the company. Set-up of a creditors committee by the debtor to reimburse the law firms; Deliberation on amount of fees to be paid.
- AN ITALIAN bankruptcy court. // Finance Week;1/12/2004, p8
Reports that an Italian bankruptcy court has declared Parmalat Finanziaria, parent company of collapsed dairy group Parmalat, insolvent. Suspected fraud totaling around 10 billion euros that spanned a decade.
- End of the line for Parmalat? // Dairy Industries International;Jan2004, Vol. 69 Issue 1, p6
Details the story behind the collapse of Italian dairy company Parmalat SpA. Announcement of net debts in its 2003 third quarter results; Liquidation of assets from an offshore fund known as Epicurum in order to pay debtors; Resignation of founder and chairman Calisto Tanzi; Accusations of...
- Suits, Chapter 11 for Mortgage Firm. Bergquist, Erick // American Banker;2/9/2004, Vol. 169 Issue 26, p19
Metropolitan Mortgage and Securities Co. Inc. and its securities subsidiary have filed for Chapter 11 bankruptcy protection just weeks after being hit with two class actions alleging securities violations, according to published reports. The Spokane, Washington company made the filing on...
- Farewell Mandriva. Hayward, David // Micro Mart;2015 Special Issue, Issue 1366, p92
The article reports on the shutdown of Mandriva S.A. amid bankruptcy in France. The closure was the result of class action suit filed by it former employees who were laid off in 2013 as part of restructuring process to cope with business losses. Shareholders have also decided not to invest in...
- MDLs & Bankruptcy. Franke, Nicholas A. // Debt Cubed;Jul/Aug2005, Vol. 20 Issue 4, p10
Provides an overview of multidistrict litigation (MDL) in the United States. Comparison between MDL and class action litigation; How bankruptcy can be used to expand the scope of MDL; Pitfalls bankruptcy presents for MDL.