People In The News
- HC Speakers Bureau Poised to Expand After First Year. // Book Publishing Report;6/19/2006, Vol. 31 Issue 23, p5
The article reports on HarperCollins Publishers Inc.'s plan of expansion in the U.S. after establishing the Speakers Bureau. Jamie Brickhouse was appointed as the director of the division and will be reporting to group publicity director Debbie Stier. According to Jane Friedman, CEO of...
- Speakers of the House. Nelson, Sara // Publishers Weekly;6/26/2006, Vol. 253 Issue 26, p5
This article focuses on the new formed Penguin Speakers Bureau, which is for publicity and marketing departments of the Pengiun Group. The group hired the experienced publicist Jamie Brickhouse to head its souped up speakers division. Most of the authors listed in the group's release include...
- People. // Folio: The Magazine for Magazine Management;6/1/98, Vol. 27 Issue 8, p34
Presents information on various appointments and promotions at publishing companies in the United States. Promotion of Tracy Quitasol to the post of program development director at The Hearst Group; Naming of Susan Clare Ellis as editor of BabyCenter; Appointment of Ira L. Goodman to the post...
- PEOPLE IN THE NEWS …. // Book Publishing Report;9/24/2001, Vol. 26 Issue 38, p7
Reports developments related to promotions of publishers in the U.S. Appointment of Jane Rosenman as executive editor of Saint Martin's Press; Selection of Cam Cloeter as vice president of distributor sales and retail marketing of Simon & Schuster; Promotion of executives at Ingram Book Group Inc.
- Paperback Giveaways '84. // School Library Journal;Sep84, Vol. 31 Issue 1, p32
Features the 1984 promotional materials offered by paperback publishers for free. Ballantine/Del Ray/Fawcett; Bantam; Clarion.
- Activities and Publications. Stern, Jenny Seastone // Publishers Weekly;4/1/2002, Vol. 249 Issue 13, p45
Presents an update on promotional campaigns from U.S. publishers during Spring 2002. Information provided by the Web sites of the Children's Book Council and the Academy of American Poets; Poetry books released by HarperCollins; Recommended books from Harcourt and Penguin Putnam.
- Erratum. // American Journal of Health Promotion;Jan/Feb2004, Vol. 18 Issue 3, p268
Provides a corrected version of the article "New Vision for Health Promotion Within Sports Medicine,' by Steven Blair et al, published in the 2003 issue of "American Journal of Health Promotion".
- Advertising & sales. // Folio: The Magazine for Magazine Management;7/1/98, Vol. 27 Issue 9, p26
Highlights the promotions of four executives from separate publishing companies in the United States. Names of the executives; Positions they will assume.
- Sluggish Sales Move Art Book Publishers to Cast for Wider Audiences. // Book Publishing Report;12/8/2003, Vol. 28 Issue 47, p1
Reports on the expansion in the customer base of art book publishers. Format options in art book publishing; Improvement in the sales volume; Implementation of marketing strategy.