Merriam-Webster to Make Dictionary Mobile Experience
- Merriam-Webster Joins Learner's English Market. Andriani, Lynn // Publishers Weekly;7/14/2008, Vol. 255 Issue 28, p6
The article reports on the launch by Merriam-Webster of the "Merriam-Webster's Advanced Learner's English Dictionary" in the fall season. It is the first major advanced learner's dictionary from a U.S. publisher, designed to help advanced students master spoken and written English as it is...
- Acquisitions and Partnerships... // Educational Marketer;3/15/2004, Vol. 35 Issue 9, p8
Explains that Springfield, Massachusetts-based reference publisher Merriam-Webster teamed up with India-based Goyal Publishers and Distributors to publish India editions of Merriam-Webster products. Book "Merriam-Webster's Collegiate Dictionary"; Pocket-size versions of other Merriam-Webster...
- Dictionary debut defines great PR. Bernstein, Sid // Advertising Age;5/10/1993, Vol. 64 Issue 20, p30
Presents the author's views on the public relations approach of Merriam-Webster Inc. in launching the Tenth Edition of Merriam-Webster's Collegiate Dictionary. Number of words included in the dictionary; Impact of the growth of electronic technologies on print publishers.
- Merriam-Webster--New Cell-ing Outlets? Dahlin, Robert // Publishers Weekly;12/15/2003, Vol. 250 Issue 50, p31
Discusses the business operations of Merriam-Webster in the reference publishing industry in the U.S. as of December 2003. Estimated number of copies for the 11th edition of the "Merriam-Webster Collegiate Dictionary," in its first printing; Assertion by Merriam-Webster president and publisher...
- Dictionaries Move off the Shelf. // Educational Marketer;4/9/2012, Vol. 43 Issue 8, p6
The article reports on the move of Merriam-Webster Inc. to issue a dictionary specially made for English-language learners as a free iPhone or Ipad application in Springfield, Massachusetts.
- Merriam-Webster Updates Spanish Fare. // Language Magazine;Jul2014, Vol. 13 Issue 11, p45
Reviews are offered for M-W's revised and updated Spanish-English dictionary and SpanishCentral.com, a free site designed especially for Spanish language learners to have access to "Merriam-Webster's Spanish-English Dictionary" and translations.
- Merriam Webster forms value div'n. Reid, Calvin // Publishers Weekly;4/6/1998, Vol. 245 Issue 14, p18
Reports that Merriam-Webster had created the imprint Federal Street Press, a line of language reference books. Efforts of publisher Deborah Hastings; Publications and distribution details.
- Botox in the house. // Cosmetic Surgery Times;Oct2003, Vol. 6 Issue 9, p4
Presents a glossary of medical terms included in Merriam-Webster Inc.'s dictionary, as of July 2003. Botox; Exfoliant; Fen-phen; Heart-healthy.
- Dictionary companies battle to define market share. Miller, Cyndee // Marketing News;11/22/93, Vol. 27 Issue 24, p2
Reports on the marketing campaigns for `Merriam Webster's Collegiate Dictionary' and `The American Heritage College Dictionary.' Proscriptive method; Descriptive method; Appeals to the college crowd.