Golden Books Expands Christian Market Presence; Upgrades Other Titles
- Good Books. Miller, Lisa // Newsweek;12/4/2006, Vol. 148 Issue 23, p10
This article discusses various Bibles for children. Profit-seeking mainstream publishers are eyeing the $400 to $600 million Bible market. The problem is that Bible stories for children have in the past been dreary. Golden Books, a division of Random House, rereleased its lushy illustrated 1965...
- Golden brands books under Poky. // Playthings;Feb99, Vol. 97 Issue 2, p178
Reports on Golden Books' introduction of a line of books and merchandise under the brand Poky and Friends. Characters included; Company's plan for a media and merchandising program.
- Golden Books roadshow. // Playthings;Sep2000, Vol. 98 Issue 9, p70
Reports that Golden Books Family Entertainment Co. will hold its second annual Big Little Golden Books Read-in roadshow of licensed children's literature, in Farmingdale, New York on September 15, 2000. Goal aimed to be accomplished by the company for launching the roadshow; Routes covered by...
- 'LIBRARIANS HATE US' But the public loves Golden Books . McCormick, Edith // American Libraries;May81, Vol. 12 Issue 5, p251
Focuses on librarians' criticisms against children's books published by the Golden Books. Popularity of the Little Golden Books among children; History of the Little Golden Books; Illustrators working with the Golden Books; Several Golden Book titles at the King County Library system in...
- Poky Little Puppy Is Ready For His Close-Up. Holt, Karen Jenkins // Book Publishing Report;8/20/2001, Vol. 26 Issue 33, p5
Reports on the success of the joint bid of Random House Inc. and Classic Media LLC to acquire Golden Books Family Entertainment Co. Acquisition costs; Terms of the acquisition; Impact on the joint venture's presence in storybooks and activity books market; Propriety and third party licenses to...
- PUBS ON GOLDEN POND. Bing, Jonathan // Daily Variety;8/16/2001, Vol. 272 Issue 54, p4
Reports that Random House Inc. and Classic Media LLC have won approval to buy Gold Books Family Entertainment Co. Terms of agreement; Financial status of Golden Books.
- Random House Lands Golden Books Assets. Zeitchik, Steven // Publishers Weekly;8/20/2001, Vol. 248 Issue 33, p13
Reports the court approval of the purchase bid of Random House and Classic Media for the assets of Golden Books publishing company. Amount of the purchase; Plans for the employees of Golden Books; Other publishers who participated in the bid.
- RH Lays off Scores at Golden. Zeitchik, Steven; Reid, Calvin // Publishers Weekly;10/8/2001, Vol. 248 Issue 41, p9
Reports on the plan of Golden Books to lay off a number of employees as part of its integration with Random House (RH). Terms under the publishing deal; Remarks from Stuart Applebaum, spokesperson of Random House.
- Random Bid for Golden Needs Court Approval. Milliot, Jim // Publishers Weekly;8/6/2001, Vol. 248 Issue 32, p9
Discusses the agreement between Random House and Classic Media to acquire the assets of Golden Books. Update on the bankruptcy case; Value of the acquisition offering; Reason of Golden for choosing the bid made by Random over the offer by DIC Entertainment.