Marathon Training Pushes Employees Past the Finish Line
- Phila. firm repackaging home loans from relatives. Talley, Karen // American Banker;8/20/1998, Vol. 163 Issue 159, p10
Focuses on the plans of J.G. Wentworth company to create loans that are originated by relatives or other investors when established lenders hinder. Impact of the move by Wentworth on the mortgage business in the United States; Comments from Michael Goodman, chief operating officer of the...
- Golden Shoe Award. Rodale, Bob; Cooper, Pam // Runner's World;Jul99, Vol. 34 Issue 7, p22
Focuses on the sponsorship of the 1999 Los Angeles Marathon offered by J.G. Wentworth & Co. Inc. Participation of the employees; Requirements of the program; Results of the sponsorship.
- Buyer Calls for Disclosure on Structured Settlements. // Best's Review / Life-Health Insurance Edition;Mar1999, Vol. 99 Issue 11, p80
Reports on the calls of J.G. Wentworth for court approval for the sale of an injured person's right to receive settlement payments. Calls for court approval and full disclosure of the terms of settlement; Value of structured settlements; Benefits for consumers.
- Running up the corporate ladder. // Long Island Business News (7/1993 to 5/2009);04/23/99, Vol. 46 Issue 17, p5A
Reports the employment of corporate marathon into employee training in J.G. Wentworth, a financial services firm in New Jersey.
- J.G. Wentworth settles down with $107M. Roper, Akil Salim // Private Placement Letter;01/04/99, Vol. 17 Issue 1, p1
Reports on the $107 million sale of structured settlement-backed notes made by J.G. Wentworth with private placement agented by ING Barings. Details on the sale; Information on notes; Company profile of J.C. Wentworth.
- Unsettled Times. Panko, Ron // Best's Review / Life-Health Insurance Edition;Nov98, Vol. 99 Issue 7, p85
Focuses on the dispute between insurers offering structured settlements and upstart settlement purchasers in the United States. Information on a deal made by James Looney to sell his stream of payments from a structured settlement to J.G. Wentworth Co.; Purpose of structured settlements;...
- Companies. // Best's Review / Life-Health Insurance Edition;Sep99, Vol. 100 Issue 5, p89
Presents news briefs on insurance companies in the United States (US). Accusation of the US Securities and Exchange Commission on Michael Mooney of UnitedHealth Group; Agreement made by J.G. Wentworth to increase the lump sum payments it gives to New York consumers; Complaint filed by Potomac...
- Reape Steps Up t J.G. Wentworth. Roper, Akil Salim // Private Placement Letter;01/17/2000, Vol. 18 Issue 3, p2
Reports on the appointment of David Reape as vice president of operations at J.G. Wentworth company. Previous positions held by Reape prior to his appointment; Nature of J.G. Wentworth company; Selection of Brian Wargon as debt obligation trader at Lehman Brothers company.
- Settling for less. Mannix, Margaret // U.S. News & World Report;01/25/99, Vol. 126 Issue 3, p62
Examines the practices of factoring companies in the United States. How the companies convert periodic payments into lump-sum cash; Criticism of companies such as J.G. Wentworth & Co., Philadelphia, Pennsylvania; Handling of structured settlements by such companies; Lack of flexibility in...