Tips for Cultivating a Sunny Office
- You have to play office politics to get ahead. // Sell!ng;Jan2002, p14
Discusses the effects of office politics and work environment on the career advancement of employees. Importance of analyzing political terrain; Observation on company norms, clients and the behavior of supervisors; Description of the different types of political players.
- How to manage office politics. Browning, Guy // People Management;2/6/2003, Vol. 9 Issue 3, p106
Presents advice on dealing with workplace politics. Suggested attitude towards a co-worker with a political attitude; Benefits of keeping efficient lines of communication in the office; Negative effects of gossip.
- Learning to live, love, and work in a cubicle. Atcheson, Dorothy B. // Cosmopolitan;Jan1997, Vol. 222 Issue 1, p82
Discusses the attendant hassles of close proximity in the workplace. Factors that have led to the emergence of cubicles and shared offices; Types of distractions that come with close proximity; Advice on maintaining privacy and extending it to others; Establishing boundaries and respecting them.
- Why this girl's heart is always in the office. Odone, Cristina // New Statesman;11/27/2000, Vol. 129 Issue 4514, p30
Focuses on the work environment in an office. Results of the Work-Life Balance 2000 survey; Criticisms against working at home; Benefits of working in an office environment; Details on office politics.
- heavy workload. Causon, Jo // Personnel Today;9/30/2008, p33
The article provides an answer to a question related to heavy workload and office politics.
- Handle office politics like a pro. // Administrative Professional Today;Oct2013, Vol. 39 Issue 10, p4
The article presents a discussion on how to handle politics in the workplace, adapted from the article "Checklist: the 5 secrets to winning at office politics" by Eric Barker.
- New survey says playing 'office politics' necessary to getting ahead. // Hudson Valley Business Journal;2/27/2012, Vol. 23 Issue 9, p17
The article reports on the result of the survey conducted by Robert Half International in the U.S. which revealed that involvement in office politics is vital to get ahead with the job.
- In which Bideawhile turns full circle. // Works Management;Dec2002, Vol. 55 Issue 12, p40
Relates experience in the workplace. Impression of the housemaster on the author; Definition of under-the-table glossary of management; Views on corporate policy toward goodwill building.
- The One That Got Away. // Esquire;Jun2000, Vol. 133 Issue 6, p58
Shares an office-politics story on how a second-level manager was prevented from fishing with his chief executive officer.