- 'Quick Clips' Expands. Donohue, Steve // Multichannel News;10/2/2006, Vol. 27 Issue 39, p13
The article focuses on the Quick Clip product of Time Warner Cable Inc. that allows digital-cable subscribers to access Internet video content from CNBC, CNN, and The Weather Channel in the U.S. Quick Clips which debuted in August 2006 in Time Warner's South Carolina systems is applicable on all...
- Networks Not Biting Yet On Apple's SVOD Pitch. // Multichannel News;11/9/2009, Vol. 30 Issue 42, p6
The article reports on the proposition of consumer electronics manufacturer and computer software producer Apple Inc. to sell a television with subscription video on demand (SVOD) service to U.S. cable networks. The proposed service allows consumers to take advantage of cable and broadcast...
- Cable Rings Them Bells. Umstead, R. Thomas // Multichannel News;12/22/2008, Vol. 29 Issue 50, p32
The article reports on the trends in the cable television industry in 2009. It notes that in 2009, people will be watching videos on mobile platforms. Moreover, it is said that operators will offer video-on-demand content in high definition. Continual increase of quality sitcoms and dramas on...
- Healthy Change:. // CableFAX Daily;7/19/2006, Vol. 17 Issue 138, p2
The article presents information on the Discovery Health Media Ent, a new integrated multi-platform business which was formed by Discovery. Discovery Health, FitTV, and Discovery Health On-Call, a new standalone video on demand service, are included in the new unit. On-Call will include video...
- Making VOD the BMOC. Haugsted, Linda // Multichannel News;8/13/2007, Vol. 28 Issue 32, p39
The article reports that the cable network Comedy Central is working with several affiliates to promote the video-on-demand (VOD) platform in the U.S. in 2007. The network is looking to attract collegiate users to the VOD platform by offering localized VOD content and the comedy tour titled...
- FREEZE FRAME. // Multichannel News;5/21/2012, Issue 21, p83
Photographs of highlights from several events related to the cable television industry in the U.S. are presented including the Broadband Cable Association of Pennsylvania's Cable Academy event, Telemundo's New York upfront, the e Weather Channel's 30th anniversary party.
- TRANSLATION PLEASE: Your 2012 Cable Show Jargon Descrambler. ELLIS, LESLIE // Multichannel News;5/21/2012, Issue 21, p88
The article offers information on the 2012 Cable Show in Boston, Massachusetts.
- Bouncing Into Boston. // Multichannel News;5/21/2012, Issue 21, p91
The author discusses the 2012 Cable Show, offering updates to companies in the cable television industry in the U.S.
- Content Economics Could Play In Cable's Favor. FARRELL, MIKE // Multichannel News;5/28/2012, Issue 22, p22
The article reports on the impact of the U.S. economic problems on the ratings of cable television (TV) programmers to over-the-top TV services.