BET Backs "Awards" With $8M
- Black Stars Light Up The Night AT 6th BET Awards Show In L.A. // Jet;7/17/2006, Vol. 110 Issue 2, p32
This article focuses on celebrities at the 6th Annual Black Entertainment Television (BET) Awards show, hosted by Damon Wayans. Chris Brown, Mary J. Blige and Kanye West were the big winners. Chaka Khan received the BET Lifetime Achievement Award and actor/activist/humanitarian Harry Belafonte...
- BET Calls for More Originals. UMSTEAD, R. THOMAS // Multichannel News;4/23/2007, Vol. 28 Issue 17, p6
The article reports on the expected release of Black Entertainment's first original scripted series and several animated series in late 2007. The slate of 16 new shows also features reality programming and a sports/celebrity talk show. The slate represents the biggest investment ever in terms of...
- Betting on kudos replay. // Daily Variety;7/3/2012, Vol. 316 Issue 2, p13
The article offers brief information on Black Entertainment Television LLC's BET Awards held at the Shrine Auditorium in Los Angeles, California on July 1, 2012.
- ADS FOR SHOW SEND UP GLITZ, MELODRAMA. Wentz, Laurel // Advertising Age;7/1/2002, Vol. 73 Issue 26, p40
This article describes an advertising campaign launched by Black Entertainment Television (BET) Inc. for its BET Awards in 2002. Black Entertainment Television touted its second annual BET Awards show last week with a TV, radio, print and promotional campaign based on etiquette lessons for award...
- THE BET AWARDS STRIKE A CHORD. Vozick-Levinson, Simon // Entertainment Weekly;7/9/2010, Issue 1110/1111, p30
The article discusses the television broadcast of the Black Entertainment Television (BET) Awards presentation, which included musical performances by musicians Chris Brown, Alicia Keys and Kanye West.
- Experiencing BET. Mitchell, Gail // Billboard;5/18/2013, Vol. 125 Issue 19, p8
The article announces the BET (Black Entertainment Television) Experience festival Los Angeles, California in June 2013, which coincides with the BET cable television network awards show, with information on the music concerts, film screenings, and comedy shows which will be shown at the event.
- BET Honors Magic Johnson, Blige, Perry. Umstead, R. Thomas // Multichannel News;12/15/2008, Vol. 29 Issue 49, p12
The article provides information on the "BET Honors" event by the Black Entertainment Television on January 17, 2009 in Washington D.C. It mentions that the show aims to honor standout African-Americans in various categories in business and entertainment. It states that the event will pay...
- BET alliance targets urban consumer. // DSN Retailing Today;9/12/2005, Vol. 44 Issue 17, p26
Reports on the marketing alliance between Wal-Mart Stores Inc. and Black Entertainment Television Inc. in the U.S. Significance of the marketing alliance for the African-American customers of Wal-Mart; Terms and conditions of the agreement; Comments of executives regarding the marketing and...
- BET Awards '07. Stack, Tim; Wheat, Alynda // Entertainment Weekly;6/29/2007, Issue 941/942, p129
The article previews the Black Entertainment Television (BET) Network's annual award show. The event will be hosted by performer Monique Imes (Mo'Nique) and will feature performances by T.I., 50 Cent, and Ciara. Award presenters include Terrence Howard and Queen Latifah. The programs will air on...