- 'Odd-Couple'-ish skein seeks to stand alone. Schmelling, Sarah // Daily Variety;6/15/2005, Vol. 287 Issue 53, pA6
The article focuses on the television program "Two and a Half Men," which averaged 16.5 million viewers, holding 95% of the audience for TV's top situational comedy (sitcom). With "Everybody Loves Raymond" retired, and CBS Broadcasting Inc. set to promote it to the all-important 9 p.m. Monday...
- WALLACE TO CUT BACK. // Broadcasting & Cable;4/10/2002, Vol. 132 Issue 15, p10
Profiles Mike Wallace, time correspondent in CBS, a television network in the U.S. Host of CBS's 60 Minutes; Reduction of workloads on hosted programs; Number of segments done on the show.
- PBS, 60 Minutes Are Big News Emmy Winners. // Broadcasting & Cable;9/8/2003, Vol. 133 Issue 36, p50
Highlights the Emmy Awards held in New York City in September 2003. Hosts and presenters of the event; Tribute to Don Hewitt, executive producer of the television program "60 Minutes," and its correspondents; List of recipients.
- farewell MIKE WALLACE. Messer, Lesley // People;4/23/2012, Vol. 77 Issue 17, p76
The article presents an obituary for the journalist Mike Wallace, who is known for his work on the television program "60 Minutes." The article discusses Wallace's interviews with people including activist Martin Luther King Jr., entertainer Barbra Streisand, and the doctor Jack Kevorkian,...
- pop quiz. Adams, Caralee // Instructor;May2006, Vol. 115 Issue 8, p72
The article presents an interview with journalist Mike Wallace. When asked about the memorable story he covered on education, he said everything is a little bit about education. He once did a piece for 60 Minutes on the Knowledge Is Power Program schools. When he was in Japan, he admired how...
- Everyone's a Winner. // Broadcasting & Cable;4/5/2004, Vol. 134 Issue 14, p40
Lists the winners of the 2004 Peabody Awards. "60 Minutes" of CBS News; "American Mavericks" from KSJN/Minnesota Public Radio; "The Wire" from Home Box Office network.
- HBO, CBS snag top TCA noms. Adalian, Josef // Daily Variety;06/04/2001, Vol. 272 Issue 1, p18
Reports on the nominations received by Home Box Office network and CBS for the 17th annual Television Critics Association Awards in the United States.
- Viewers tune out Emmys. Littleton, Cynthia // Hollywood Reporter -- International Edition;9/21/2004, Vol. 385 Issue 38, p1
This article reports that Sunday's 56th annual Primetime Emmy Awards telecast on American Broadcasting Co. (ABC) posted some of the lowest numbers on record for the industry's big night. CBS' lineup of "60 Minutes" and drama repeats beat ABC for the nightly win in total viewers and adults 18-49,...
- Emmy Gets Down To Business. Eggerton, John // Broadcasting & Cable;12/12/2006, Vol. 136 Issue 49, p39
This article discusses the Emmy awards for Business and Financial Reporting that were handed out by the National Academy of Television Arts and Sciences. CBS, CNN, and NBC each received two awards while PBS got one. CBS recipients were the "60 Minutes" report "Oil Sands." and "CBS Sunday...