- Emmys in Oscar mindset. Lowry, Brian // Variety;7/21/2008, Vol. 411 Issue 9, p13
The article discusses the cable television series that are being considered for Emmys Awards such as the American Movie Classics Co. series "Mad Men" and the FX Channel's "Damages." The article discusses how the four major television networks, ABC, NBC, Fox, and CBS Television utilize different...
- ORIGINAL FOR DIGITAL. // Daily Variety;8/9/2012, Vol. 316 Issue 28, p4
The article reports that Home Box Office Inc. (HBO) has added HBO Go digital platform to its programming mix, which is as a strategic shift important to the future of the company's brand.
- Fox to Subs: Demand 'TV Everywhere!' SPANGLER, TODD // Multichannel News;8/22/2011, Vol. 32 Issue 32, p8
The article focuses on the encouragement by Fox Broadcasting Network on television (TV) customers to demand the participation of their providers in its "TV Everywhere" service.
- HBO keeps it 'Real' till '14. // Daily Variety;4/25/2012, Vol. 315 Issue 17, p4
The article reports that Home Box Office (HBO) Inc. has renewed a deal for the airing of the 11th and 12th season of the television program "Real Time With Bill Maher", which aims to ensure their place in the cable television industry until 2014.
- Henry VIII Goes Free. Spangler, Todd // Multichannel News;3/12/2007, Vol. 28 Issue 11, p8
The article reports on the promotional efforts of Showtime Networks Inc. for its television program "The Tudors." According to the author, the company plans to launch the first two episodes of the show for free over on-demand video services, Internet streaming, and digital versatile discs...
- Clutching Onto Social Media. Umstead, R. Thomas // Broadcasting & Cable;8/8/2011, Vol. 141 Issue 31, p20
The article discusses the use of social media as a marketing tool by the boxing and wrestling event promoters for the promotion of events. It is mentioned that companies Home Box Office Inc. and Showtime Sports are promoting Pay-Per-View (PPV) ring events with the video clips of workouts on...
- News Corp. to Push Broadcast at Cable Show. Grossman, Ben // Broadcasting & Cable;4/12/2010, Vol. 140 Issue 15, p3
The article reports on the decision of News Corp. to incorporate the Fox television network into its presence at the 2010 Cable Show, which will be held from May 11-13 in Los Angeles, California, as part of the firm's strategy to sell the wares of its broadcast business to cable operators. The...
- QUICK HITS. // Multichannel News;10/15/2007, Vol. 28 Issue 41, p32
The article presents news related to the cable television industry in the U.S. compiled as of October 2007. Home Box Office Inc. has entered into an exclusive development deal with actor, writer and producer Charles S. Dutton to create several projects for the premium cable service. Sundance...
- Cable Parties Hard. Moss, Linda; Gibbons, Kent // Multichannel News;9/29/2008, Vol. 29 Issue 38, p8
The article highlights several cable operator parties that were held after the 60th Annual Primetime Emmy Awards in September 2008 in California. Home Box Office Inc. hosted its post-Emmy bash at the Pacific Design Center. AMC Entertainment Inc. celebrated victories for "Mad Men" and "Breaking...