HE BUILDS "CHARACTER"
- Wrapping Up a Philosophy. Hill, Lee Alan; Hall, Lee // Television Week;6/27/2005, Vol. 24 Issue 26, p22
Focuses on the strategies adopted by the cable television company USA Network in television programming. Factors being considered by the network in looking for character-based shows; Concept of the television program "Monk" and "The 4400"; Information on the network's television program genres...
- USA Plays Games to Attract Viewers. Wasserman, Todd // Brandweek;2/19/2007, Vol. 48 Issue 8, p12
The article discusses how USA Network launched three flash-based online games to promote the television shows "Nashville Star," "Monk," and "Psych." Chris McCumber, svp-marketing and brand strategy at USA, said site traffic at usanetwork.com has jumped 30% since the web site added the games....
- USA points way to original plan. Dempsey, John // Variety;4/3/2006, Vol. 402 Issue 7, p20
The article discusses the ratings growth of the USA Network in the U.S., as of April 2006. The WWE Raw primetime series has contributed to its ratings growth. Some of its scripted original series also boast of high ratings, such as Monk and The 4400. The network has two pilot commitments in the...
- Cable Takes Its Cut. Crupi, Anthony // MediaWeek;6/16/2008, Vol. 18 Issue 24, p7
The article discusses how cable television is in the middle of its strongest sellers' market in five years, posting revenues $550 million higher than last year's figures. The Turner Broadcast Network, MTV Networks, and Lifetime Network have almost wrapped their advertising schedules. NBC...
- Spotlight on: MONK. Hall, Lee // Electronic Media;10/28/2002, Vol. 21 Issue 43, p12
Focuses on the making of the television series 'Monk,' aired by cable television network USA Network Inc. Role of an American Broadcasting Corporation (ABC) Television executive, Jackie Lyons in conceptualising the series; Popularity ratings of the program.
- MAGNIFICENT OBSESSION. Franklin, Nancy // New Yorker;7/7/2003, Vol. 79 Issue 18, p78
Discusses the television program 'Monk,' produced by USA Networks Inc. Theme and plot; Characters; Storyline.
- '4400' secrets first to Web. Dempsey, John // Daily Variety;5/22/2006, Vol. 291 Issue 36, p8
The article introduces the new series "The 4400 Special: Unlocking the Secrets," a recap episode of the television series "The 4400" by USA Network and CBS Paramount Network TV. The episode is set to premiere as a streaming video on Yahoo! TV. After its online premiere, the special will be...
- THERE AND BACK AGAIN. Bond, Jeff // Cinefantastique;Aug2005, Vol. 37 Issue 5, p10
The article presents information on USA Network's television program series "The 4400." According to co-creator Scott Peters, what's interesting in the series is that its a mixed of an anthology and a serialized show. He said that the series developed as an attempt to create a television show...
- USA Evaluates Its Series. Umstead, R. Thomas // Multichannel News;7/5/2004, Vol. 25 Issue 27, p10
Reports on the high hopes of USA Network for its newest entry TV program, "The 4400," which will debut in July 2004. Plot of the program; List of other hit series of USA; Remarks from Jeff Wachtel of USA on the household rating of the program "Touching Evil," starring Jeffrey Donovan.