OLD 'TREK,' NEW TRICK
- Exploiting Voyager. Consoli, John // MediaWeek;10/18/99, Vol. 9 Issue 39, p12
Focuses on UPN television show `Star Trek: Voyager.' Its viewership gains; Rank of `Voyager'; Comments from an advertising buyer on the show.
- Phasers on stun. L.R. // Broadcasting & Cable;10/14/96, Vol. 126 Issue 43, p38
Focuses on the rating by United Paramount Network's television special `Star Trek: 30 Years and Beyond.'
- TNN Acquires Three 'Star Trek' Series. Moss, Linda // Multichannel News;12/04/2000, Vol. 21 Issue 49, p127
Reports the acquisition of cable rights for several 'Star Trek' series by The National Network (TNN) in Los Angeles, California. Commitment of Viacom Inc. to rebrand TNN as pop culture; Impact of the movies on original TNN programming; Context of the deal with Paramount Picture.
- `Springer' rebounds; USA rethinks sale. Littleton, Cynthia // Variety;06/28/99-07/11/99, Vol. 375 Issue 7, p29
Reports that USA Networks is having second thoughts about selling the television show `The Jerry Springer Show.' Rating of the show according to Nielsen's national report covering the week of June 14, 1999; Household rating average of Paramount's `Star Trek: Deep Space Nine.'
- 'STAR' PLAYER HELPING TNN IN TREK UP. Dempsey, John // Variety;10/8/2001, Vol. 384 Issue 8, p22
Reports on how the television (TV) program 'Star Trek' helped The National Network (TNN) build momentum to its viewers. Value of the TV program; Age bracket of the network's viewers; Plans of TNN to buy the TV program 'CSI: Crime Scene Investigation.'
- Original series getting push from rerun engine. Dempsey, John; Foreman, Liza // Variety;03/05/2001, Vol. 382 Issue 3, p31
Deals with the use of original dramas as promotional strategy of television networks. Reasons why cable networks rerun shows; Significance of showing `Star Trek: The Next Generation' program over TNN; Importance of reruns to the programming mix; Explanations provided by some television networks...
- Tribble triumph. C.L. // Broadcasting & Cable;11/18/96, Vol. 126 Issue 48, p38
Reports on Paramount Domestic Television's use of special effects to blend images from the original `Star Trek' series into an episode of the television program `Star Trek: Deep Space Nine' dubbed `Trials and Tribble-ations.'
- They're baack. // Broadcasting & Cable;8/12/96, Vol. 126 Issue 34, p50
Reports on Paramount Domestic Television cable television network's plan to re-feature the Tribble creatures in the 30th anniversary of the television program `Star Trek.'
- UPN, WWF in a huddle about XFL. Littleton, Cynthia // Hollywood Reporter -- International Edition;03/21/2000, Vol. 362 Issue 14, p69
Reports on United Paramount Network's negotiation with the World Wrestling Federation (WWF) to carry the games of the wrestling association's `XFL' extreme football league. Terms of the deal; Announcement of the airing of the final season for the `Star Trek: Voyager' series of UPN.