"EVERYBODY NEEDS ANSWERS"
- Purchasing plans & budgets: Going forbread-and-butter products. Walker, Gerald M. // World Broadcast Engineering;Dec2000/Jan2001, Vol. 24 Issue 1, p40
Focuses on the purchasing plans and budgets of television (TV) broadcasting stations for the year 2001. Details on the final purchasing decision of TV station reader for facilities houses; Annual budget of the TV stations; Intention of TV station readers to acquire switcher and router equipments.
- Las Vegas TV Stations. // Las Vegas Business Press;Book of Lists 2001, Vol. 18 Issue 20, p25
Presents a chart depicting the leading television stations in Las Vegas, Nevada as of December 2000. Rank of Keen TV from America One (network) as the top tv station; Average audience share of each station; Number of local employees.
- Brand wagon rolls on. Littleton, Cynthia // Broadcasting & Cable;5/06/96, Vol. 126 Issue 20, p44
Reports on the benefits of targeting core audiences through online ventures and other non television formats, for television stations. Reasons why networks are investing in varying types of media; Comments from Sarah Miller executive vice president of Comedy Central; Information on Comedy...
- KUSA-TV: The long view. Mates, Rich // Broadcasting & Cable;09/11/2000, Vol. 130 Issue 38, p64
Features KUSA-TV, a television station in Denver, Colorado. Lead of KUSA-TV in news ratings; Ability to translate ratings into advertising revenues; Comparison between KUSA-TV and several television stations in the ability to draw in viewership; List of the news programs of KUSA-TV.
- STATION ALTERATIONS. Townson, Don // Daily Variety;9/5/2001, Vol. 273 Issue 2, p6
Reports on the changes in the television stations in Canada. Number of digital English language channels added to the cable menu; Effect of ownership changes at the Vancouver-Victoria area's four network television stations; Campaign launch to avoid confusion and anger among viewers.
- MAKING LOCAL NEWS: A HOLISTIC ANALYSIS OF SOURCES, SELECTION CRITERIA, AND TOPICS. Gant, Camilla; Dimmick, John // Journalism & Mass Communication Quarterly;Autumn2000, Vol. 77 Issue 3, p628
Presents a study which analyzed the news sources, topics and selection criteria that frame the perceptions viewers get from a television station. Methodology; Results and discussion.
- Saturday ready for the taking. Bierbaum, Tom // Variety;01/03/2000, Vol. 377 Issue 7, p76
States that Saturday evening, which earns the lowest viewership of the week, is getting attentions from the television networks. Ratings of some networks in 1999; Networks which have mounting problems on Saturdays.
- Fox, CBS sizzle over 4th fizzle. Kissel, Rick // Daily Variety;7/10/2002, Vol. 276 Issue 26, p8
Reports the status of primetime television viewership as of July 4 in the U.S. Rating performances of Fox and CBS television stations; Details on the nightly average viewers of the six broadcast networks; Rating of several television programs of the Fox television station.
- ITV under fire over audience targets. Griffiths, Anna // Campaign (UK);1/19/2001, Issue 3, p12
Focuses on criticism on soft audience target of ITV network in Great Britain. Cause of soft audience target; Pledge of the station to maintain a peaktime viewing lead over BBC1; Strategic planning to boost the viewership.