Ultimate Fighting Pins PPV To the Mat
- Mixed Martial Arts Builds Caged Heat. Miller, Stuart // Multichannel News;9/29/2008, Vol. 29 Issue 38, p42
The article discusses the growing popularity of mixed martial arts (MMA) in pay-per-view and on cable. The Ultimate Fighting Championship (UFC) is an organization that generates millions in revenue on pay-per-view and basic cable. The show "Ultimate Fighter," which debuted in 2005 on Spike, help...
- MEDIA: Media choice - celestial movies. Clyde, Imran // Media: Asia's Media & Marketing Newspaper;3/21/2003, p12
Reports on the success of the Celestial Movies cable channel in Malaysia in 2003. Competition faced by the channel; Features of the channel.
- THROUGH THE WIRE. Umstead, R. Thomas; Spangler, Todd; Haugsted, Linda // Multichannel News;6/11/2007, Vol. 28 Issue 24, p57
The article comments on various issues related to the cable television industry in the U.S. compiled as of June 2007. Ultimate Fighting Championship's May 26 pay-per-view event came close to the magic one million-buy level typically associated with boxers Mike Tyson or Oscar de la Hoya. Apple...
- Tucson-area television service providers. // Inside Tucson Business;8/27/2001, Vol. 11 Issue 23, p12
Reports the ranking of television service providers based on the number of subscribers in Tucson, Arizona. Number of channels handled; Price of basic services on a monthly basis; Parent companies of the service providers.
- NETWORK SUBSCRIBER COUNTS. // Multichannel News;12/2/2002 Supplement, Vol. 23, p28A
Lists cable networks and their number of subscribers under categories of basic services, pay services and regional basic services as of December 2002. Cable system affiliates and subscribers of A&E Network; Alternate distribution subscribers and total subscribers of ABC Family.
- People's choice: Top cable shows. // Broadcasting & Cable;5/1/95, Vol. 125 Issue 18, p29
Lists the top basic cable programs in the United States for the week of April 17-23, 1995. Percentages of total households each network reaches; Ranking of top five pay cable programs ranked by households.
- Numbers. // Multichannel News;6/25/2012, Vol. 33 Issue 26, p32
The article presents information on the number of pay television subscribers who were aware of "TV Everywhere" services provided by their operator in the first quarter of the year 2012.
- Cable Tiptoes to Market. Larson, Megan; Consoli, John // MediaWeek;05/08/2000, Vol. 10 Issue 19, p8
Focuses on deals involving cable television networks in the United States as of May 2000. Comments from industry executives; Status of the cable market.
- INCREASE OF CABLE TV SUBSCRIBERS. // Macedonian Business Monthly;11/1/2012, Issue 124, p8
The article reports on the 7.38 percent increase in the number of cable television (TV) subscribers in Macedonia in the second quarter of 2012.