- ESPN Chief John Skipper Says World Cup Will 'Dominate' in 2014. Malone, Michael // Broadcasting & Cable;6/24/2013, Vol. 143 Issue 25, p22
The article discusses the outlook of John Skipper, president of ESPN, that the 2014 World Cup soccer tournament in Brazil will dominate the global television (TV) property.
- A Dual-Track Approach to Tackling The Topic of Reading: Reporting the Story and Pitching in to Fix the Problem. Lauter, David // Nieman Reports;Spring99, Vol. 53 Issue 1, p43
Reports on Reading by Nine, a project launched at `The Baltimore Sun.' Problems faced by the project; Information on a two-track approach to reading problem; Response to the stories featured in the newspaper.
- Trahan's first television effort for The Sun tackles literacy lag of Baltimore children. FitaGerald, Nora // Adweek Southeast Edition;03/16/98, Vol. 19 Issue 11, p5
Focuses on a 60-second commercial for the Baltimore Sun, by advertising agency Trahan, Burden and Charles (TB and C) of Baltimore. Details on the commercials; Comments from Allan Charles, executive vice president and creative director of TB and C.
- Ad to call for changes in priesthood. // National Catholic Reporter;9/29/95, Vol. 31 Issue 42, p6
Reports on a signature advertisement in the newspaper `Baltimore Sun,' which calls for changes in priesthood policies in the Catholic Church. Arguments presented in the advertisement; Comments from Maureen Fiedler, spokesperson for Catholics Speak Out.
- Sun donations. // Editor & Publisher;2/4/95, Vol. 128 Issue 5, p21
Reports that the newspaper `Baltimore Sun' has donated cash to Independent College Fund of Maryland and Maryland's food-raising efforts. Amount of the donation.
- YELLS WE DOUBT EVER GOT YELLED. // New Yorker;8/31/1981, Vol. 57 Issue 28, p108
An excerpt from the "Baltimore Sun" concerning feminism is presented.
- Real estate section grows. // Editor & Publisher;10/30/93, Vol. 126 Issue 44, p23
Reports on the expanded real estate section of `The Baltimore Sun' newspaper. Regular features in the Sunday section; Inclusion of more buying and selling sections; Special sections for advertisers.
- Expanded section in Baltimore Sun. // Editor & Publisher;3/4/95, Vol. 128 Issue 9, p3
Reports that the `Baltimore Sun' newspaper has expanded its Sunday Sun Book Review section. Michael Pakenham as new editor of section.
- Baltimore Sun makes donations. // Editor & Publisher;4/22/95, Vol. 128 Issue 16, p37
Reports that the `Baltimore Sun' has made two contributions to its community. `Sun' photographer George Holsey's photo club for students at the Carter G. Woodson Elementary School in Southeast Baltimore; Donation of $5,000 to the Ed Block Courage Award Foundation Inc.