Charting A NEW COURSE
- Charter Seeks to Soothe Investors. Farrell, Mike // Multichannel News;3/27/2006, Vol. 27 Issue 13, p43
Reports on the conference call conducted by Charter Communications Inc. CEO Neil Smit, to assure investors on the financial performance of the company. Drop in the company's stock in March 2006; Participants in the conference call; Views of Smit on the impact of AT&T-BellSouth union on Charter.
- Smit: Charter's Got Keller Instincts. Farrell, Mike // Multichannel News;5/8/2006, Vol. 27 Issue 19, p46
The article reports that Charter Communications Inc. launched a telephone service in Keller, Texas. CEO Neil Smit is hoping that the company will survive the threat of telephone company competition for video services. Charter has gained a net 112,800 high-speed Internet customers. Smit said that...
- Charter Numbers:. // CableFAX Daily;8/9/2006, Vol. 17 Issue 153, p2
The article reports on the strong revenue of cable company Charter for the second quarter of 2006. The company's revenue has increased 8.7 percent to $1.43 billion. It subscription loss is only 37.8K compared to 41.7K in 2005. It has added nearly 24k digital subscription and 53K data. Neil Smit,...
- New-Look Charter May Deal. Farrell, Mike // Multichannel News;1/25/2010, Vol. 31 Issue 4, p3
The article reports that chief executive officer (CEO) of Charter Communications Inc. Neil Smit might probably join the cable operations in Comcast Corp. in the U.S. However, Smit is still reluctant to join Comcast on March 1, 2010 due to the 21 billion dollars debt of Charter. According to...
- CRASH COURSE. Strahler, Steven R. // Crain's Chicago Business;9/22/2008, Vol. 31 Issue 38, p4
The article offers information on the impact of the financial crisis on companies in Chicago, Illinois. The biggest Chicago companies lost as much as $53 billion in market value recently and real estate companies were among the hardest hit after the bankruptcy filing of Lehman Bros. Northern...
- Kent ankles Charter over merger flap. DiOrio, Carl // Daily Variety;9/25/2001, Vol. 273 Issue 17, p6
Reports on the resignation of Jerald Kent as chief executive officer of Charter Communications following a dispute with controlling shareholder Pull Allen over the cabler's proposed combination with RCN, another Allen-owned cable outfit.
- Charter CEO Kent leaves suddenly; stock price dives. McConville, Jim // Hollywood Reporter -- International Edition;9/25/2001, Vol. 370 Issue 9, p6
Reports on the resignation of Charter Communications president and chief executive officer Jerald Kent. Effectivity date; Lack of explanation for the sudden departure; Dismissal of published reports regarding Kent's dismissal; Career highlights.
- SMIT GETS A FRESH CHARTER. Dempsey, John // Daily Variety;8/10/2005, Vol. 288 Issue 27, p2
Reports on the recruitment of Neil Smit as president and CEO of Charter Communications Inc. in the U.S. Appreciation of the company of Smit's background in customer service, sales, and operations; Career history of Smit.
- Straight Talk on Keller. // CableFAX Daily;3/20/2006, Vol. 17 Issue 53, p2
Reports on the statement issued by Charter CEO Neil Smit to video subscribers in Keller, Texas. Decrease in the company's market share in the area; Plan of Charter to launch a telephony project in Keller; Estimated amount allocated for the project.