Nielsen to Gauge Media Anywhere, Anytime
- Report: Most Still Want TV Content on the TV Set. // Home Media Magazine;7/6/2008, Vol. 30 Issue 27, p8
The article reports on the findings from a study by Nielsen and the Cable & Telecommunications Association for Marketing (CTAM), which claim that consumers still want to watch their television shows on a television screen, despite the growing popularity of Internet streaming video. Nielsen...
- Internet TV: One pipe to carry them all. Fox, David // TVB Europe;Feb2002, Vol. 11 Issue 2, p18
Focuses on the adoption of Internet television in Europe. Demand in cable broadband connections; Integration of television broadcasting and Internet protocol platforms; Application of MPEG-compressed television.
- Online was never a rival to TV so let's get them united. Pearse, Justin // New Media Age;8/26/2010, p02
The author comments on the alleged rivalry between Internet television (TV) and conventional TV.
- ASK PROFESSOR PHIL. Hippensteel, Phil // AV Technology;Dec2014, Vol. 7 Issue 10, p10
The article provides an answer to a question on a struggle or problem in implementing Internet Protocol television (IPTV) wherein he encountered the issue of excessive broadcasting. INSET: Contemporary Research Ships Tuner.
- 333.2 million. // Broadcasting & Cable;5/25/2015, Vol. 145 Issue 20, p12
The article cites that 333.2 million subscribes to over-the-top video services worldwide.
- The Internet is not 'done' just because TV people think it is. Davies, Russell // Campaign (UK);10/24/2008, Issue 42, p14
The author reflects on the need for more technological innovations for the Internet to be able to deliver television effectively. The author said that television people think that the Internet is done and complete and can deliver television effectively. According to the author, brands and...
- 2010 - A Defining Moment. Rose, Carl // Tech Trader;Jul2010, Vol. 2 Issue 6, p10
The article discusses the innovation in television broadcasting in Australia. It cites the Internet protocol television (IPTV) which introduced customers to a new gateway for accessing content on demand. It also mentions the three-dimensional television (3DTV) which developed by Sony Corp. to...
- Live streaming attention. Penninqton, Adrian // TVB Europe;Nov2008, Vol. 17 Issue 11, p46
The article provides information on Livestation and Zattoo delivering television content online. Livestation offers access on a global basis to live streamed news broadcast, whereas Zattoo offers live feeds of existing over-the-air channels with access restricted via geographical region for...
- Over the Top, Onto Your Television Set. Spangler, Todd // Multichannel News;6/11/2007, Vol. 28 Issue 24, p12
The article reports that Joost is planning to join other Internet television (TV) operators in the U.S. trying to enter the television broadcasting business. "Over-the-top" Internet-to-TV rivals are seen as marginal threats. These companies have the potential to mature into full-scale...