Cycling Sister seeks to deliver more than a meal
- Sister Alice Marie Quinn DC, RD. Buzalka, Mike // Food Management;May2006, Vol. 41 Issue 5, p50
The article profiles Alice Marie Quinn, program director of St. Vincent Senior Citizen Nutrition Program Inc. in Los Angeles, California. Quinn is a recipient of the International Foodservice Manufacturers Association's 2006 Silver Plate Award for her dedication to her mission of running a...
- Foodnet Meals on Wheels boosts nutrition outreach. Sharkey, Julie // Business Journal (Central New York);1/14/2011, Vol. 25 Issue 2, p16
The article reports on the improvement of a nutrition-outreach program created by the Foodnet Meals on Wheels, which became an independent nonprofit organization in 1987, in New York in 2008. Stephen Griffin, executive director of the organization, states that the program has generated more...
- Meals on Wheels. // Air Force Journal of Logistics;Spring/Summer2008, Vol. 32 Issue 1, p115
The article reports on the assistance offered by the Air Force Logistics Management Agency (AFLMA) to the Montgomery Area Council on Aging, a nonprofit organization that works through the Meals on Wheels Association of America (MOWAA) in Alabama. The MOWAA aims to provide warm meals to elderly...
- Meals on Wheels looks to expand. Blocker, Kevin // Journal of Business (10756124);9/24/2015, Vol. 30 Issue 20, p25
The article reports on the plan of the Spokane Valley, Washington-based social services organization Greater Spokane County Meals on Wheels to establish three more meal sites within the county. Topics discussed include the increase in homebound seniors who need to be fed, the 2015 budget of the...
- Meals On Wheels of San Francisco Uses Trained Professional Case Managers, Drivers, Social Workers to Avoid Incidents Like Those in San Francisco Chronicle Story; Front Page Newspaper Story Cites Abuse of Home-Bound Senior Who Was Not Meals On Wheels... // Ascribe Newswire: Health;5/24/2005, p5
This article reports that Meals On Wheels of San Francisco Inc., the San Francisco, California-based nonprofit that delivers hope along with two meals a day to more than 1,100 homebound San Francisco seniors. At Meals On Wheels, the highly trained professional drivers, case managers and social...
- With age, calorie needs go down but nutrient needs go up. // Tufts University Health & Nutrition Letter;Dec98, Vol. 16 Issue 10, p4
Outlines the health benefits of nutrients to older American adults. Recommended amounts for adults; Examples of nutrients that older adults should take; Why older adults need nutrients.
- Study of meals programs. // Aging;1989, Issue 359, p30
Presents the conclusions of a newly completed study of the federally funded Elderly Nutrition Program conducted at Tufts University School of Nutrition and sponsored by the Andrus Foundation, American Association of Retired Persons. Recommendations; Report available.
- Validation of a self-administered 3-day estimated dietary record for use in the elderly. Lührmann, P.M.; Herbert, B.M.; Gaster, C.; Neuhäuser-Berthold, M. // European Journal of Nutrition;1999, Vol. 38 Issue 5, p235
Summary The aim of this study was to assess the validity of a 3-day estimated dietary record, especially developed for the longitudinal study on nutrition and health status in an aging population (aged is greater than of equal to 60 years) in Giessen, Germany. Methods The dietary record...
- Facing 50? Tailor your diet to meet your changing needs. Zupke, Mary Payne // Environmental Nutrition;Dec92, Vol. 15 Issue 12, p1
Discusses the nutritional needs of people 50 years old and above. Dosage of vitamins and minerals required by older people; Guidelines for healthy eating for elderly.