Industry champion flexes muscle to support B&I
- Cross-country Hands-on Manager. Buzalka, Mike // Food Management;Jun2001, Vol. 36 Issue 6, p22
Reports on Prudential director of food services Ron Ehrhardt's strategy in managing the company's food service program. Approach to improve the company's food service operation; Ehrhardt's roles and responsibilities; Major accomplishments.
- seen. // FoodService Director;4/15/2008, Vol. 21 Issue 4, p22
The article presents information on a networking event hosted by Healthcare Foodservice Management for healthcare foodservice operators held at the Robert Wood Johnson University Hospital in New Brunswick, New Jersey. Speakers at the event included Greg Poletti, vice president of dining services...
- Serving Seniors. Schilling, Becky // FoodService Director;12/15/2008, Vol. 21 Issue 12, p36
The article offers information on senior dining trends in the U.S. based on a survey of food service directors. Respondents are seeing less desire for formal dining and more of a focus on casual dining. Along with seniors wanting more choices, directors also note residents, particularly the...
- This is the nursing home life. Humble, Loretta // Malakoff News (TX);5/9/2014, Vol. 105 Issue 19, p5
The article offers the author's insights regarding services offered at the Cedar Lake Home Health and Hospice nursing home located in Malakoff, Texas.
- At MN nursing home: Self-serve coffee lounge triples guest meal-biz. // FoodService Director;06/15/98, Vol. 11 Issue 6, p16
Reports on the increase in guest meal preparations at the Fairview Seminary Memorial Home in Red Wing, Minnesota after the conversion of a solarium into a self-serve coffee shop lounge. Popularity of the lounge among guests.
- Creating a dream team. Schuster // Food Management;Nov99, Vol. 34 Issue 11, p21
Presents a forum of food service directors in the United States, on what position they would add to their departments. Includes Ron Ehrhardt of Prudential Insurance Company based in Newark, New Jersey; Patricia Mouser of Midland Independent School District in Texas; Diane Dyess of Baptist St....
- Restaurant-style dining at an affordable price. Schenkel, Richard B. // Nursing Homes: Long Term Care Management;Dec2006, Vol. 55 Issue 12, p42
This article talks about providing restaurant-style dining in senior living communities. The author said mealtime is the biggest social event of the day for nursing home residents. He said what is on the menu is as important as how its is served and that a good dining experience can contribute...
- Great ideas you can use now. // Food Management;Dec99, Vol. 34 Issue 12, p26
Presents creative ideas on foodservice management. Includes online recruitment of student labor at colleges; Offering of opportunities for career mobilization; Offering of training program to tap on unused potentials of the conveyor oven; Provision of incentives linked with employees' mealtime...
- The power of people. Allen, Robin Lee // Nation's Restaurant News;10/25/2010, Vol. 44 Issue 22, p3
An introduction to the journal is presented in which the editor discusses an article on the different strategies being pursued by full-service operators to get involved in the fast-casual market by Lisa Jennings, the skyrocketing appeal of pomegranates by Pam Parseghian, and the message...