Ceres serious about nutrition
- DESIGNED TO ATTRACT KIDS: FSP/Human Svcs. programs. // FoodService Director;10/15/2002, Vol. 15 Issue 10, p26
Stresses that providing pre-plated lunches for school kids in Chicago, Illinois is the major focus of Food Service Professionals (FSP). Number of pre-plated meals prepared and delivered by the contractor each day; Events added by FSP to attract more kids to the nutrition program in partnership...
- ORGANIC APPETITES GROW IN U.S. // FoodService Director;1/15/2003, Vol. 16 Issue 1, p10
Deals with the plan of food service units in the U.S. to increase the presence of organic food products in their menus. Statistics on farm acreage assigned to organic crops; Demand for organic food products.
- EDITOR'S NOTE. Podgorny, Natalya // Yoga + Joyful Living;Spring2010, Issue 109, p4
The article discusses various topics published within the issue including the profile of five visionary food advocates, the concentration of prana in the bodies, and the profile of an organic garden.
- NSF creates foodservice disposable glove protocol. // Nation's Restaurant News;3/24/2003, Vol. 37 Issue 12, p66
Reports that nonprofit group, NSF International, has developed a program for the certification of disposable food-contact gloves. NSF Protocol P155; Use of medical glove guidelines and food-specific requirements to help guarantee safety, strength and cleanliness; FoodHandler's introduction of...
- Truth in labeling: Public-interest group's name should reflect agenda or risk loss of credibility. Martin, Richard // Nation's Restaurant News;9/2/2002, Vol. 36 Issue 35, p25
Editorial. Comments on role of the Center for Science in the Public Interest (CSPI) in the food service industry in the United States. Criticism of CSPI comments on the food service industry; Restaurants cited in the 'Best and Worst' press release of CSPI; Analysis of the relevance of the name...
- FOOD FIGHT. Johnson, Tom // MinnesotaBusiness;Apr2013, Vol. 23 Issue 4, p5
The article discusses the formation of nonprofit organization Minnesota Food Truck Association (MFTA) for issues concerning food trucks in Minneapolis, Minnesota.
- STICKING WITH SCRATCH FOR QUALITY: Sutter Health expands cost reduction, staff training efforts. Bond, Marian // FoodService Director;1/15/2002, Vol. 15 Issue 1, p32
Discusses the updating and revising of foodservice operations for Sutter Health Central facilities in Sacramento, California. Some facilities of Sutter Health Central; Major challenge of revising the operations; Step in improving patient satisfaction and reducing costs.
- Key Goals of Forum on Competitive Edge: Education, Exposure. Caley, Nora // Nation's Restaurant News;2004 Supp Women's Foodservice Forum, p34
This article reports that two years ago, another women's organization had booked a ballroom at a Hyatt Hotel in Chicago, Illinois. The organization intended to use the room for roundtable discussions during the National Restaurant Association's annual Restaurant, Hotel-Motel Show. When the...
- TRUCK LUCK. THYGESEN, REBECCA // Vegetarian Times;Nov2011, Issue 389, p10
A letter to the editor is presented in response to the article "Munching on the Move," which appeared in the July/August 2011 issue.