Keen eye of the Indian guy
- OPENING - Star of India. // New York;10/4/2004, Vol. 37 Issue 34, p94
Reports on the work of Suvir Saran as chef of Devi in New York City, a member of the Baluchi's family of restaurants in the United States. Offer of Indian cookery, such as Bombay bhel puri, jackfruit biryani and bruschetta of veal-brain-and-kidney; Information on Saran's book "Indian Home Cooking."
- Suvir Saran: Demystifying the flavors of India. Duecy, Erica // Nation's Restaurant News;11/8/2004, Vol. 38 Issue 45, p36
Interviews Suvir Saran, co-executive chef of New York-based restaurant, Devi and expert in Indian cuisine. Educational background; Career history of Saran; Factors that influenced Saran's decision to become a chef; Status of the catering business of Saran; Saran's style of cooking; Favorite item...
- SUVIR SARAN HAS A FARMâ€¦. Cutolo, Ruby // Publishers Weekly;1/16/2012, Vol. 259 Issue 3, p29
The article focuses on author Suvir Saran, owner of an Indian restaurant in New York City. His first cookbook "Indian Home Cooking" focused on home-style Indian recipes while his second book "American Masala" included American favorites with Indian flavors. His third book "Masala Farm: Stories...
- I see your favorite Indian guru's on the move again. // New York;10/25/2004, Vol. 37 Issue 37, p58
Focuses on menu items at Devi, an Indian restaurant in New York City being operated by Indian kitchen consultant Suvir Saran and his partner, veteran Hemant Mathur. Scallop and Manchurian cauliflower; Eggplant pickle; Tandoor-grilled prawns; Okra salad; Rice-lentil cakes.
- The Spice of Life. WILLIS, MONICA MICHAEL // Country Living;Jul/Aug2012, Vol. 35 Issue 7, p84
The article offers information on chef Suvir Saran, who went to the U.S. in 1992 for studies, but settled there as a restaurateur. Saran believes that cooking for others is like making bonds with them. The article contains the photographs of various dishes prepared by Saran, and also mentions...
- Sodexho adds to Indian. // FoodService Director;4/15/2006, Vol. 19 Issue 4, p1
The article reports that Sodexho is partnering with chef Suvir Saran, of New York's Devi restaurant, to deliver authentic and healthful Indian cuisine to its workplace accounts. He will also work with chefs to develop a customized version of his Indian Home Cooking cookbook, make guest chef...
- OPENING - OUT OF THE BLUE. // New York;4/5/2004, Vol. 37 Issue 11, p84
Says that Indigo Indian Bistro is a restaurant in New York, New York established by New Delhi, India-born chef Gurbux Bhatia. Lighter and brighter than its predecessor Basera; Uncluttered design and sophisticated take on regional Indian cuisine; Lunch buffet; Flavored rice with tamarind, tomato,...
- TASTE MAKER of India. Benes, Robert J. // Chef Magazine;Oct2005, Vol. 15 Issue 10, p17
The article reports on the traditional Indian cooking offered by New Delhi-born, co-executive chef and partner Suvir Saran of Devi in the Union Square in New York City. Saran explains that he would not be cooking today if it had not been for the poor quality of Indian food he found in America....
- TOP CUISINE hello, Delhi. // Bon Appetit;Jan2006, Vol. 51 Issue 1, p90
The article features the creator of exotic and elegant Indian cuisines Suvir Saran, a chef at the Flatiron's upscale DÃ©vi restaurant who was born in New Delhi, India.