Georgia kids don't pass the bar
- Middle school students 'mix it up' at lunch. // South County Journal;12/7/2011, Vol. 56 Issue 49, pB1
The article provides information of the activity called Mix It Up Day at the Mehlville School District in Missouri, wherein middle school students sit with different classmates during their lunch periods to encourage them to start new conversations and find common interests with their peers.
- Hinds County School District Weekly Update! // Jackson Advocate;11/20/2014, Vol. 77 Issue 7, p17A
The article reports on topics related to the Hinds County School District (HCSD) in Mississippi as November 20-26, 2014 including the Drop In Not Out event attended by Bolton-Edwards Elementary Middle School (BEEMS) students at Hinds Community College-Utica, Raymond High School Choir's...
- Back of the house. Ridge, Diane // Food Management;Sep2001, Vol. 36 Issue 9, p58
Provides updates related to fruits and vegetable consumption in the United States. Categories of proteins, meat and other food products; Concerns on healthy diets; Correlation between daily exercise, weight control and nutrition.
- Fruit and vegetables: Their importance in the American diet. Guthrie, Joanne F.; Zizza, Claire // FoodReview;Jan-Jun92, Vol. 15 Issue 1, p35
Focuses on on the important role of fruit and vegetables in the American diet. Federal Government's dietary guidance policy's emphasis on encouraging fruit and vegetable consumption; Reference to some of the basic recommendations of the Dietary Guidelines for Americans; Reason for the continued...
- Too Many Americans Forego Fruits and Vegetables When Eating Out. // Tufts University Health & Nutrition Letter;Mar99, Vol. 17 Issue 1, p6
Focuses on a survey which reveals that Californians who eat out consume less fruits and vegetables as people whose foods come only from home. Details on the survey; Vegetables served in dining establishments.
- Variation in fruit and vegetable consumption among adults in Britain. An analysis from the dietary and nutritional survey of British adults. Billson, H.; Pryer, J.A. // European Journal of Clinical Nutrition;Dec1999, Vol. 53 Issue 12, p946
Provides information on a study which examined variation in fruit and vegetable consumption among adults in Great Britain. Methodology; Results; Discussion of the results.
- The way we buy and eat fruits and vegetables. // Asian Pacific Post;3/20/2014, p14
The article reports on the changes in the dietary preferences of Canadians, particularly when it comes to fruit and vegetable consumption.
- Fruitvale Offers Additional Classes to Middle School Students. // Grand Saline Sun (TX);8/27/2015, Vol. 120 Issue 34, p7
The article reports that Fruitvale Independent School District (ISD) in Fruitvale, Texas offers additional courses to middle school students, offering a challenge course for student competitions across the school year, as well as robotics courses.
- Self-efficacy and Norm Measures for Lunch Fruit and Vegetable Consumption are Reliable and Valid Among Fifth Grade Students. Thompson, Victoria J.; Bachman, Christine M.; Baranowski, Tom; Cullen, Karen Weber // Journal of Nutrition Education & Behavior;Jan/Feb2007, Vol. 39 Issue 1, p2
Objective: To determine the reliability and validity of a questionnaire measuring fruit and vegetable (FV) self-efficacy and social norms during school lunch among 5th graders. Design: In this cross-sectional study, students completed lunch food records and a psychosocial questionnaire measuring...