- STITCH GUIDE. // Crochet World;Oct2005, Vol. 28 Issue 5, p46
The article offers crocheting and stitching guides.
- In Search of Easy & Different Crochet Edgings. Johnson, Kathleen Power // Creative Knitting;Mar2006, Vol. 28 Issue 2, p32
The article offers tips on crochet edgings. A single crochet row provides both a smooth transition from knit stitches to crochet and a sturdy foundation for edging. The lavender edging expands a simple idea to a deeper trim by adding successive rows of chain loops. The dimensional effect of...
- CROCHET CLASS. // Creative Knitting;Sep2006, Vol. 28 Issue 5, p74
Focuses on crocheting. Abbreviations used in crochet instructions; Procedures for basic crochet stitches.
- Knitting Basics. // Warm Hands Warm the Heart;2010, p42
The article discusses the basics of knitting and their instructions. Cable cast-on is used when stitches are added in the middle or at a row's end part. The binding off technique can be executed through a knit or a purl and then how it can be executed. It also provides the instructions for...
- Cast On Options--Knitted-On and Picots. Whiteside, Beth // Creative Knitting;Jul2008, Vol. 30 Issue 4, p48
The article explores cast on options for knitting. The knitted-on cast on is worked with two needles and is almost the same as knitting. It allows knitters to easily add stitches onto a row of existing stitches. Casting on extra stitches, then immediately binding them off is one way to add a...
- KNITTING CLASS. // Creative Knitting;Jul2008, Vol. 30 Issue 4, p68
The article discusses knitting basics. It provides step-by-step instructions for cast on, cable cast on, knit, purl, bind-off, increase, invisible increase, decrease, slip, slip, knit, and slip, slip, purl. The basic stitches are garter stitch and stockinette stitch, among others. It presents...
- CROCHET CLASS. // Creative Knitting;Jul2008, Vol. 30 Issue 4, p72
The article presents the crochet stitches used for the projects in the July 2008 issue of "Creative Knitting" magazine. It provides step-by-step instructions for making a single crochet, double crochet, half-double crochet, reverse single crochet, and slip stitch.
- Stitch & Color Techniques. // Warm Hands Warm the Heart;2010, p44
The article discusses the color and stitch techniques in knitting. It notes the provision of a chart to follow the pattern when working with more than one color in a round or row. It describes stranded or fair isle knitting which entails changing yarn colors within the row or round. Step-by-step...
- CROCHET CLASS. // Creative Knitting;May2010, Vol. 32 Issue 3, p97
The article presents crochet stitch abbreviations and crochet types including half double crochet, double crochet, and slip stitch.