The Wrongest Meal
- Table talk. // Caterer & Hotelkeeper;8/15/2002, Vol. 191 Issue 4235, p17
Focuses on several issues concerning the restaurant industry. Menu language used at the Epicurus restaurant in Essex, England; Attitude of British caterers; Sale of whale burgers in Japan.
- NATURE'S VALUE DISREGARDED IN DRIVE FOR PROFIT. BARRELL, JEREMY // Horticulture Week;9/18/2015, p23
The article presents author's comments on the degrading nature's value focused on Japan, Norway and Iceland where killing whales, sharks are having their fins cut off to make soup are legal.
- Blue-Plate Specials: Whaleburgers, Fake Viagra, Yugos. Goode, Stephen // Insight on the News;5/27/2002, Vol. 18 Issue 19, p4
Presents various issues from around the world as of May 27, 2002. Ingredients of the whaleburgers offered at the restaurant of Yoshiaki Nakagawa in Japan; Description of the fake viagra sold in Sri Lanka; Update on the Yugo car as of May 27, 2002.
- MUKTUK. // Alaska Almanac;2007, Issue 31, p130
An encyclopedia entry for Muktuk, a delicacy in Alaska, is presented. This Eskimo delicacy consists of outer skin layers and attached blubber of a whale. The two species of whale from which muktuk is most often sliced are the bowhead and the beluga, or white whale. It may be eaten fresh, frozen,...
- WAILING OVER WHALES. Cullen, Lisa Takeuchi; Tashiro, Hiroko // Time International (South Pacific Edition);8/6/2001, Issue 31, p38
Discusses the sale of whale meat in Japan. Ban on commercial whaling; How the Japanese may catch whales for scientific purposes, the majority being minke whales; Efforts of the International Whaling Commission in maintaining the ban; Description of whale meat and its taste.
- A Whale of a Battle. Herrington, Lisa M. // Scholastic News -- Edition 5/6;3/28/2011, Vol. 79 Issue 20, p6
This article features a campaign launched by the Sea Shepherd Conservation Society to end whaling in Japan. The group harassed ships hunting for whales in the country. Members of the group said that Japan is using research as an excuse to obtain whale meat for consumption. The government accused...
- JAPAN:. Investor's Business Daily // Investors Business Daily;4/16/2014, pA02
JAPAN: Despite an Int'l Court of Justice order for Japan to end its Antarctic whaling program, whalers, lobbyists and politicians gathered in Tokyo to dine on various whale dishes.
- Fish news. // Caterer & Hotelkeeper;8/15/2002, Vol. 191 Issue 4235, p44
Presents news briefs concerning the fish products industry as of August 2002. Plan of the European Commission to investigate the health risks posed by the use of artificial smoke flavorings in fish; Exportation of caviar by Uruguay; Introduction of whale burgers in Japan.
- Mercury alert. MacKenzie, Debora // New Scientist;06/12/99, Vol. 162 Issue 2190, p12
Details that Philippe Grandjean, of Odense University in Denmark, performed experiments concerning mercury in the umbilical cord of mothers in the Faeroe Islands who ate whale meat containing mercury. Details of experiment and statistics; How subtle impairments of the children's cognitive and...