An Eye for Business
- A Sight for Sore Eyes. MADHAVAN, N. // Business Today;1/6/2013, Vol. 22 Issue 1, p48
The article offers information on eye care services provided by chain of Aravind Eye Hospitals in India.
- Wilmer wins again in annual survey. Nozar, Robert A. // Ophthalmology Times;11/15/2003, Vol. 28 Issue 22, p1
Reports on the award given to Wilmer Eye Institute for the ophthalmology practice in the U.S. Rank of the ophthalmology center; Effort of the institute to educate the general community about eye care and treatment of eye illnesses and injuries; Standard of care for patients.
- A Sight to Behold. Varadarajan, Nitya // Business Today;6/1/2008, Vol. 17 Issue 11, p108
The article profiles Sankara Nethralaya, an eye institution located in Chennai, India. The goal of this institution consists of four objectives. These are patient care, community service, education/training, and research. The most important service that the institution offers is...
- OPTEGRA ARRIVES ON HARLEY STREET. // Optometry Today;Dec2015, Vol. 55 Issue 21, p15
The article reports that Optegra Eye Health Care that operates six specialist eye hospitals across Great Britain has opened a flagship hospital on Harley Street medical district in London, England, and offer views of director of the hospital Amy Richardson on the same.
- Vision Center Eye Doctor Expands Pediatric Care to Beverly Hills Residents. // Biomedical Market Newsletter;10/31/2011, Vol. 21, p1009
The article reports on the expansion of the pediatric eye care by the Vision Center at Children's Hospital Los Angeles, California, to Beverly Hills residents at the Doheny Eye Center. According to doctor Golareh Fazilat, the Center is an international referral center for complex eye conditions...
- MORE THAN A PRETTY FACE. Savacool, Julia // Marie Claire (US Edition);Dec2006, Vol. 13 Issue 12, p88
An interview with Ophthalmologist Trisha Prabriputloong is presented. When asked why she chose that eye as her field of specialty or profession, she refers on how her mother raised her with full of obsession with eye care and at the same time running a private practice. She cited on her...
- UHHS teams up with eye centers to jointly market vision services. // Crain's Cleveland Business;02/01/99, Vol. 20 Issue 5, p37
Reports on the partnership between the University Hospitals Health System in Cleveland, Ohio, and Union Eye Care Centers to market their eye care services in the state.
- Eye hospital for children in India to be built. // Ophthalmology Times;4/1/2002, Vol. 27 Issue 7, p15
Reports on the amount needed by ophthalmologist V.K. Raju to establish a children's hospital that will provide state-of-the-art eye care for those who are unable to pay in India. Number of ophthalmologists at the planned hospital; Goals of Raju for the hospital.
- OPTOMETRY IN A HOSPITAL SETTING. Soroka, Mort; Feldman, Lauren // Journal of Community Health;Feb2005, Vol. 30 Issue 1, p13
This study was designed to determine the extent to which optometry has been integrated within the hospital delivery system in New York State and to determine the types of services rendered by optometrists in governmental and non-governmental hospitals. A survey was developed and sent to all...