Logistics on the Move
- MAKE YOUR VOICE HEARD. // Commercial Motor;4/14/2005, Vol. 201 Issue 5124, p10
Encourages businesspeople in the transportation industry to voice out their needs during an election on May 5, 2005 in Great Britain. Problems faced by the industry in 2004; Benefits of the growth of service industries to transport firms; Need for political parties that will address transport...
- Keep on truckin'. Allen, Arletha Vickers; Brown, Carolyn M. // Black Enterprise;Apr95, Vol. 25 Issue 9, p32
Announces that Karl H. Robinson, owner of R&R Transportation Inc., has the financial muscle and resources to expand his half-million dollar trucking company. How their beginnings were humble; Who the company's first big customer was.
- IN THE SPOTLIGHT. // Travel Agent;11/12/2007, Vol. 331 Issue 8, p88
Several photographs of various travel agents which includes SuperClubs, Ensemble Travel Canada, and Club Med are presented, along with the highlights of the activities.
- Business Travel Management: Evolution Under Airline Deregulation. Boberg, Kevin B.; Cavinato, Joseph L. // Transportation Journal (American Society of Transportation & Log;Winter86, Vol. 26 Issue 2, p12
The article examines the nondiscretionary, business travel market in the U.S. Business can manage travel in various ways. Relevant factors include company size, the nature of the company's products and markets, annual corporate travel and agency accreditation standards. Prior to the formation of...
- IN TRANSIT. // Asia Weekly;9/29/2008, Vol. 2 Issue 38, p28
The article offers a global news briefs related to voyages and travel. A survey of expatriates from 23 countries ranked Malaysia's taxi service as the worst in the world. Australian Pacific Blue Airlines will launch its first international service to Asia. Singapore and Japan agreed to double...
- MT investigation seeks directors. // Motor Transport;6/11/2009, p3
The article invites former directors of a number of haulage companies as part of an ongoing investigation in Great Britain. It is stated that all correspondence and calls will be treated with strict confidence.
- An Industry In Flux. Bedell, Denise // Global Finance;Jul/Aug2007, Vol. 21 Issue 7, p63
The article discusses changes and developments in the business travel industry amidst budget tightening and advances in technology. According to the author, the emergence of new telecommunications technologies, such as teleconferencing, compelled airlines, hotels, and conference centers to...
- Donald Malcolm. // Motor Transport;5/15/2003, p14
Pays tribute to Donald Malcolm, owner of Scottish hauling firm W.H. Malcolm. His attitude toward his work; His contribution to employment in Scotland; Key components of his success.
- ON TRACK TO SUCCESS. Gunderson, Kristin // Journal of Property Management;Jul/Aug2007, Vol. 72 Issue 4, p22
The article focuses on the transit-oriented development in the U.S. which attracts real estate investors, retail tenants and customers. The developers and investors are observing the value of building projects along transit lines as the interest in taking public transportation increases. Virgina...