Selling Sizzle Quietly
- French auction house joins China gold rush. Adam, Georgina // Art Newspaper;Nov2007, Vol. 16 Issue 185, p75
The article announces the opening of Artcurial China, a saleroom in Shanghai, China, by French auction house Artcurial. Artcurial China, a joint initiative between the French firm and media entrepreneur Bruno Wu and his wife Yang Lan, an influential television personality, will follow the Paris,...
- BIZ EYES ASIA AUD. // Daily Variety;5/21/2012, Vol. 315 Issue 35, p1
The article reports on the statement of film producer Bruno Wu that every motion picture created in Hollywood is expected to be factored in its possible appeal to the audiences in East Asia.
- Lin, Stars align for Storm. // Daily Variety;3/20/2012, Vol. 314 Issue 56, p4
The article reports on the joint venture of Bruno Wu of Seven Stars Film Studios and director Justin Lin to form the Perfect Storm Entertainment aims to produce two to three films a year that varies from tentpole blockbusters to pedigreed specialized fare.
- China: YANG LAN. Landreth, Jonathan // Hollywood Reporter -- International Edition;12/1/2005 especial issue, Vol. 392 Issue 7, p148
The article profiles Yang Lan, co-founder and chairperson of Sun Media Investment Holdings Ltd. Sporting pink sunglasses, pink lip gloss and a pink silk blouse, Yang could easily be mistaken for a West Los Angeles housewife circa 1985. But this 37-year-old mother of two is far from frozen in the...
- Six Tips for Meeting the Press. // Banking;Apr66, Vol. 58 Issue 10, p69
Suggests tips to businessmen on handling contact with the press. Reasons for the growing interest of the press to interview businessmen; Suggested way for businessmen to show their appreciation about articles written on them.
- Bonjour, China. S. H. // Art + Auction;Mar2008, Vol. 31 Issue 7, p30
The article reports that Nicolas Orlowski, chief executive officer (CEO) of Paris, France-based auction house Artcurial, has founded the Arqana horse-sale firm in Deauville in conjunction with the Aga Khan and has launched Artcurial China in Shanghai with media mogul Bruno Wu. It notes that...
- Perceptions by Selected Executives of Local Business Coverage. Rippey, John N. // Journalism Quarterly;Autumn81, Vol. 58 Issue 3, p382
Investigates the positive attitude of local businessmen toward local business coverage in the Pennsylvania. Quality of the local business news; Accuracy and fairness of local news coverage; Differences in the relation of business and daily newspapers in the rest of the nation.
- Corruption as a National Trait. Bautzová, Libuše // New Presence: The Prague Journal of Central European Affairs;Spring2008, Vol. 10 Issue 1, p44
The article discusses the issue of corruption in the Czech Republic. According to the author, the term business has negative connotations in the country perhaps because there was a category of crime called unauthorized entrepreneurship or maybe due to a line of scandals in the media involving...
- CHASE THE TIGER. James, David // BRW;8/9/2007, Vol. 29 Issue 31, p26
The article presents a roundtable interview with Chinese businessmen Bruno Wu and Ronnie Chan and Australian businessmen Shi Zhengrong and Clive Palmer at an Australia-China Business Forum hosted by legislator Michael Johnson about business opportunities and challenges in China. Issues discussed...