A Tough Row
- Get paid to fi ght resistance in weeds. Bechman, Tom J. // Dakota Farmer;Feb2012, p58
The article offers agricultural technology news briefs from the U.S. on topics including Monsanto Co.'s Roundup Ready PLUS Weed Management Platform, Syngenta AG's western corn rootworm control, and a weather forecasting.
- SEED GAMES. McMahon, Karen // Farm Industry News;Jan2005, Vol. 38 Issue 1, p4
Comments on the seed industry along the issues of biotechnology licensing rights and market share. Involvement of Monsanto and its Roundup Ready technology in biotech trait licensing; Formation by Monsanto of a holding company to boost its business expansion efforts.
- Monsanto drops the terminator. Halweil, Brian // World Watch;Jan/Feb2000, Vol. 13 Issue 1, p8
Reports that Monsanto Corp. has decided not to commercialize its terminator technology which would prevent harvested seed from germinating. Aim of preventing farmers from saving seed for future planting; Prohibition of the re-planting of patented seeds; Concerns about the impact of the...
- Terminating the Terminator. Moore, Samuel K. // Chemical Week;10/13/1999, Vol. 161 Issue 38, p9
Focuses on the decision of Monsanto company not to commercialize its Terminator seed sterilization technology. Impact of the decision on farmers from India and other developing countries; Efforts of Monsanto to address resistance on biotechnology.
- INNOVATIONS IN SEED. Fraley, Robert // Agri Marketing;Nov/Dec2008 Supplement, Vol. 46 Issue 10, p17
The chief technology officer of Monsanto discusses some innovations in seed. He highlights the commitment of the American Seed Trade Association's (ASTA) and Monsanto to promoting the development of better seeds to produce better crops and to growing yield sustainably. He cites the U.S. seed...
- Philippines Likely To Approve GM Maize. // Farm Chemicals International;May2005, Vol. 18 Issue 4, p6
Reports on the chief of the biotechnology section of the Philippine Bureau of Plant Industry's claim that the country should approve the commercial use of the Bt11 variety of Bacillus thuringiensis (Bt) maize from Syngenta. Philippines' approval for the commercial use of Bt maize variety...
- Food: Inside the hothouses of industry. Gilbert, Natasha // Nature;7/29/2010, Vol. 466 Issue 7306, p548
The article discusses how agricultural biotechnology companies are working to meet the growing demand of food. The company Monsanto is working to make the first transgenic maize which will be available to farmers and other transgenic crops which will have resistance such as soils demand of...
- Syngenta Sees Transformed Ag Sector In 6 Months. BILL PETERS // Investors Business Daily;11/18/2015, p00
The article offers information on the failed attempts of agrochemical company, Monsanto for consolidating agrochemical company, Syngenta.
- STACKED LINEUP. Moore, Mark // Farm Industry News;Sep2007, Vol. 40 Issue 8, p8
The article offers updates on the efforts of various seed companies to increase the availability of stacked-trait hybrids in their lineups. Monsanto is rolling out on a large commercial scale the YieldGard VT Triple trait in corn. Dow AgroSciences expects continued adoption of its Herculex corn...