Google Thinks Small
- Google to feature users in ads. Investor's Business Daily // Investors Business Daily;10/14/2013, pA02
The Internet giant said it plans to display user photos, names and reviews in advertisements and other commercial content.
- Google Wave Still Shutting Down April 30. Kolakowski, Nicholas // eWeek;3/22/2012, p1
The article discusses the plans of U.S. search engine Google to shut down Google Wave, a web-based application for real-time communication and collaboration as of April 30, 2012. Google's original expectations about the implementation of Google Wave, users' dissatisfaction about the service, and...
- 'Gapple' match maker. Boulton, Clint // eWeek;3/24/2008, Vol. 25 Issue 10, p51
The author reflects on the comments of Google chief executive officer (CEO) Eric Schmidt regarding his disapproval of the idea of Microsoft Corp. to buy Yahoo. He refers to the top five reasons why Google should and should not buy Apple. He includes such Google would give the hottest consumer...
- Google's Schmidt Expresses Anger Over NSA Spying Allegations. Weiss, Todd R. // eWeek;11/4/2013, p10
The article reports that Eric Schmidt, executive chairman of Internet company Google criticized the U.S. National Security Agency (NSA) for allegations that the agency spied on Google data. According to Schmidt, the steps that the NSA was willing to do to achieve its mission and potentially...
- Internet SEARCH ENGINE Update. Notess, Greg R. // Online;Nov/Dec2001, Vol. 25 Issue 6, p20
Presents an update on Internet search engines in the United States as of November 2001. Advertisements added by AllTheWeb to its search engine; Release of the LexiBot 2.0 desktop client search tool from BrightPlanet; Appointment of Eric Schmidt at Google.
- POSTINGS. Asay, Matt; McCown, Sean // InfoWorld;5/22/2006, Vol. 28 Issue 21, p13
The article presents two blog postings about the computer industry. One posting discusses the challenges faced by CIOs in choosing software products. Another comments on the performance of the DB2 interface.
- WebSurveyor fine-tunes surveys. Chen, Anne // eWeek;1/10/2005, Vol. 22 Issue 2, p34
Reviews the computer software WebSurveyor 5.0 developed by WebSurveyor Corp.
- FAST FACTS. // Interactive Week;4/2/2001, Vol. 8 Issue 13, p58
Presents an update on computer-related companies as of April 2, 2001. Appointment of Eric Schmidt as chairman of the board of directors search engine Google; Overview of Lycos Talk Radio of Terra Lycos; Forecasts on the sales of personal computers in 2001.
- 'Spitzer' Schmidt bits go missing. Thielman, Sam // Daily Variety;10/26/2010, Vol. 309 Issue 17, p4
The article focuses on the money quote issue encountered by Eric Schmidt, chief executive officer (CEO) of Google Inc., on an interview with Parker Spitzer in the U.S.