Welcome to North Korea
- South-North romance still a no-no at Mt. Kumgang. // East-Asia-Intel Reports;7/18/2007, p14
The article looks at relations between North and South Koreans working at Kaesong Industrial Complex and Mount Kumgang tourist facility. Sources from Hyundai Asan Co. say that North Korean women keep their distance because they could lose their jobs if they are found to have befriended southern...
- Wary of going offshore. // Finance Week;4/5/2002, p42
Reports on the correlation among retired investors between the awareness and the use of offshore investments in South Africa. Percentage of retirees investing in offshore unit trusts; Explanation of the anomaly; Importance of the maintenance of financial independence; Concerns of investors on...
- Swing to personal allowances. // Finance Week;4/5/2002, p44
Reports on the shift of investors from rand-based foreign investment products to using individual foreign exchange allowances in South Africa. Advantages of asset swaps; Adoption of the Sage Group of an international strategy for local clients; Offer of products to investors in the R750 000 market.
- Don't do it. Harris, Shaun // Finance Week;1/31/2003, p41
Focuses on the declining offshore investments of the capitalists and financiers in South Africa. Assessment of the global financial markets; Failure of translating a rand debit order to a foreign currency investment; Value of personal forex allowance.
- The global perspective. Keeley, David P. // CA Magazine;Apr95, Vol. 128 Issue 3, p46
Argues that Canadian investors are missing opportunities by ignoring international markets. Comparison of the performance of equity markets; Challenges in building a global portfolio; Diversification of risks; Differences in volatility; International bond markets; Assumption of currency risk;...
- Investor confidence at predevaluation level. Sissell, Kara // Chemical Week;6/19/96 Supplement Mexico, Vol. 158 Issue 24, pS31
Focuses on investor confidence in Mexico for 1996. Trends in investor confidence as of April 1996; Comment by Bond Snodgrass, analyst with the Mexican brokerage firm Abaco; Investments in the chemical industry in the country for 1995; Industry sectors that did well for 1995.
- Canadian investors reduce purchases of foreign equities. // Infomat: A Weekly Review;9/28/2001, p4
Reports that Canadian investors has reduced purchases of foreign equities. Reduction of Canadian stock holdings by foreign investors.
- GROSS DOMESTIC PROBLEMS. Lynn, Matthew // Accountancy;Oct91, Vol. 108 Issue 1178, p80
Discusses the obstacles and challenges to the efforts of South African government to attract investors in the country. Decrease in investors' interest in the country; Natural resources found in South Africa; Moral forces exerted by black majority's political leaders to discourage foreign...
- A Guide to Navigating Canada's Foreign Ownership Laws for New Investors. Hunter, Lawson A. W.; Weber, Ashley M.; Berswick, Marisa // Competition Law International;Jan2012, Vol. 8 Issue 1, p37
The article offers brief information on the navigation of the foreign ownership laws for new investors in Canada.