Tech gurus sign on to political action
- Political Action Committees: Creating a Scandal. Huwa, Randy // Business Forum;Winter84, Vol. 9 Issue 1, p11
Addresses the issue of the increasing influence of political action committees (PAC) on congressional campaign financing in the United States. Reasons behind the concerns for the increased power of PAC; Factors that contributed to the rise in the number and power of PAC.
- PRO-ISRAEL PAC CONTRIBUTIONS TO 2002 CONGRESSIONAL CANDIDATES. McMahon, Janet // Washington Report on Middle East Affairs;Jun2003, Vol. 22 Issue 5, p36
Presents information on Pro-Israel political action committee (PAC) contributions to 2002 Congressional Candidates. Career recipients of Pro-Israel PAC funds; Names of candidates and their parties.
- As PACs gear up for coming vote: Maybe a .38 slug through the telly? Brandon, Hembree // Delta Farm Press Exclusive Insight;6/ 8/2012, p3
The article focuses on the rise of political action committees (PACs) and their impact on the November 2012 general elections. A Supreme Court ruling in 2010 have allowed corporations, the rich, and people with ideology to funnel money into PACs. These committees, in turn, will use the money to...
- Top Ten PAC Contributors. // Human Events;4/28/2008, Vol. 64 Issue 15, p10
A list of the political action committees (PAC) that were the biggest campaign contributions to Republicans and to Democrats in the 2008 and 2004 election cycles in the U.S. is presented which includes Operating Engineers Union, International Brotherhood of Electrical Workers and Sheet Metal...
- THE DANGERS, AND PROMISE, OF SHRINK MISSOURI. Rosenkranz, E. Joshua // Harvard Journal of Law & Public Policy;Fall2000, Vol. 24 Issue 1, p71
Examines the court case of Nixon versus Shrink Missouri Government Political Action Committee, which dealt with political campaign restrictions for political action committees in the United States. Arguments of the Supreme Court justices on the case; Sources of campaign funds and the...
- The Secret Ingredient for Successful PAC Fundraising: Discipline. Silverberg, Carl // Campaigns & Elections (1996);Jun2000, Vol. 21 Issue 5, p63
No abstract available.
- Host Committee raises $7.1 M toward convention. // San Diego Business Journal;1/29/96, Vol. 17 Issue 5, p26
Reports that the San Diego Host Committee for the Republican National Convention said it raised $7.1 million in contributions from California residents.
- The Facts on PACs. Reynolds, Larry // Management Review;Feb90, Vol. 79 Issue 2, p53
Comments on campaign reform efforts aimed at reducing political candidates' dependence on funds from political action committees in the United States. Legislators involved in the reform initiatives; Obstacles to campaign fund reform.
- Finance industry PAC contributions to U.S. Senators, 1983-88. Loucks, Christine // Public Choice;Dec96, Vol. 89 Issue 3/4, p219
Examines the campaign contributions of the political action committee (PAC) for the finance industry of the United States. Evaluation of the institutional structure of the senate; Focus on banking committee; Money distribution of PAC.