Engine overhaul service tips
- Just what is an engine tune-up? // Saturday Evening Post;4/19/1958, Vol. 230 Issue 42, p14
Provides information on car engine tune-up. Purpose of an engine tune-up to bring engine performance up to new car specifications; Need of modern cars regular tune-ups than their predecessors; Conduction of a compression check of all cylinders as initial step in the complete engine tune-up;...
- Untitled. // Automotive Marketing;Jan1993, Vol. 22 Issue 1, p31
Enumerates symptoms of an automobile engine problem. Extreme overheating; Dented gasket armor or blowout; Weird looking imprints on the surface of the head or block; Gasket thickness variations.
- Machinist's notebook. // Automotive Marketing;Apr93, Vol. 22 Issue 4, p60
Features techniques for fixing automobile engine oil leaks. Pinpointing of the source of the leak; Examples; Recommendations.
- Engine treatment. // Automotive Marketing;May93, Vol. 22 Issue 5, p50
Explains how the vehicle oil system additive for engine maintenance known as `engine treatments,' work. Chemical composition; Mixture of polytetrafluoroethylene (PTFE) and some form of motor oil for suspension; Discovery of PTFE popularly known as Teflon; Engine protection against heat and...
- Machinist's notebook. // Automotive Marketing;Dec93, Vol. 22 Issue 12, p36
Presents tips to overcome problems with an aging engine. Requirements for effective head gasket sealing.
- Machinist's notebook. // Automotive Marketing;Oct94, Vol. 23 Issue 10, p74
Offers advice on preventing cooling systems from damaging the gasket of the Chrysler 2.2 or 2.5 automobile engine in the United States. Advice by engineers at Fel-Pro Inc.; Causes of damaged gasket; Steps in preventing cooling systems from damaging the gasket.
- Engine performance. Arnold, Ted // Automotive Marketing;Apr97, Vol. 26 Issue 4, p52
Discusses the process involve in the control system which manipulate a good engine performance. How each step in the control system works; Information on how to deal with the common problems encountered in engine performance; Significance of high carbon monoxide levels.
- Misfire detection problem solved. Keebler, Jack // Automotive News;7/18/94, Vol. 68 Issue 5561, p16
No abstract available.
- Car-care quiz. Mercaldo, S. // Popular Science;May88, Vol. 232 Issue 5, p92
This quiz challenges you with three problems: an engine miss, a powerless car and a pickup with no pickup. Solutions for the puzzles are provided.